a long in the waiting gloa

finally almost 4 months to the day I got my free makita rebate drill that was part of the impact driver. if it was not for the offer I would have went with the Panasonic. an impact driver is not as useful as a drill but it does some things better.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Geez Steve, I think you and I sent off for the free drill at about the same time. I got mine in early February IIRC. While taking out old kitchen cabinets that were hung with long dry wall screws 24 years ago I found that the impact driver worked great. The heads of the screws had deteriorated and the impact driver sipped them right out.

Reply to
Leon

I sent mine around the 20th of December. the drill is fine but only 3/8" I use a bit bigger bit and it won't work with that. but it sure does not have the torque of my metabo.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Steve Knight wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I found that a high torque hand held drill motor wreaks havoc with my shoulder muscles and elbow joints. Maybe I should do some occasional manual labor?

Patriarch, who understands that old age isn't for sissies...

Reply to
Patriarch

If you switch to an impact driver for driving screws you will feel little feedback through your body but will have 3 to 4 times more torque than a same voltage drill. You really hardly have to push the driver against a screw head to keep it engaged as it drives or removes a screw.

Reply to
Leon

yep the first time I tried putting in a treaded insert with the metabo that I had been putting in for years with a brace and bit it about twisted my wrist off. but for drilling holes it comes in handy.

Reply to
Steve Knight