A great assist in doing dados

Page 1 of 2
I am working on a bookcase project that has a fair number of dados. I bought Accurate Guide.
http://www.accuratewoodtools.com/accurateguide.html
It lets you cut perfect fit dados. If you are interested you can check out the link I put in this posting but the dados I have cut for this project beat others I have done with either a dado set on my table saw or a special plywood thickness router bit.
Dick Snyder
"Dick Snyder" wrote in message

bought
So does my table saw, with a Freud "Dial-a-Width" dado set. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

bought
special
Dick Snyder wrote:

They work great. I've been using a shop made version for quite a while for routing dados.

Then there is my jig that is self squaring and you can build it with scraps.
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/dado.html
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:29:15 GMT, "Leon"

Hey! That's the one I use!
Oh, that's right, I built mine from Leon's description. <G>
Very nice. If you don't mind, what are the dimensions of the boards in your dado jig?
Michael
Leon wrote:

RE: Subject
I'm with Swingman.
Tough to beat table saw Unifence and a Freud dado set.
Lew
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 00:24:23 GMT, Lew Hodgett

Sometimes... <G>
I have a Dado King and Leon's jig. Either, or both, are correct for a given operation.
RE: Leon's Dado Jig
Definitely has a place for cutting a dado in an assembled top such as adding a T-Track when building a router table.
Think I would be tempted to use the outside edge of the router base and a straight bit rather than a pattern bit.
Think it is an easier way to make shallow cuts.
Lew

Quick and better suited for cutting one or two dado's. More than that and the dado blades on a TS would probably make more sense.

I wanted to get away from the possibility of the base not being perfectly centered with the bit. Additionally, the advantage to using a pattern bit is that you fit the board that you want to fit in side the dado between the 2 guides and close the jig against both surfaces of that sample and on either side of the board to receive the dado. Pull the sample board out and cut the dado.
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 03:55:51 GMT, Lew Hodgett

I also have a version that uses rabbetted rails and a tempet guide.
The same jig is usable for sliding dovetails.

Take a look on a.b.p.w, I posted a PDF file of the drawing with dimensions.
Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what a b.p.w. is. If you are talking about the webpage you linked, yes, there is a red/blue drawing but the dimensions are illegible.
Michael
Leon wrote:

It's a newsgroup - alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking .
--
Regards,

a.p.b.w is the alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking news group.
If you would like, I can e-mail you the pdf file. The dimensions are not real critical as long as you have adequate clearance for the router to travel.
Thanks Doug & Leon for clarifying that!
If you don't mind emailing it, please & thank you.
Michael
Leon wrote:

The e-mail is on it's way.
Got it, thanks Leon. BTW, I don't have access to a.b.p.w.
Michael
Leon wrote:

I have access, but I don't see the file there????

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 2957 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!