A good UPS post!

package and had

I wonder if the UPS guy is still working for UPS. Almost every package I receive from UPS is damaged. The driver just leaves it at my front door or leans it against garage door and takes off as fast as he can before I have a chance to see the pacakge. I remeber the old days when they rang your doorbell to alert you and wait a few seconds before taking off. They could care less if it's pouring rain. I can't believe you are happy you received a damaged package. What if you had to send merchandise back? Would the merchant you purchased it from accept contents inside. BTW try to recover damages from UPS it's a whole other experience. Count your blessing on extraordinary luck.

Reply to
dteckie

_corporate_ customers, yes. "retail" customers. *NO*.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

guys for reasons outlined on your web page. I bought my last dozen computers from Dennis. He builds them, supports them, fixes them, and if there is a problem, I get Dennis on the phone. Or I take it back to the shop and Dennis fixes it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

yep.. he delivered a package yesterday..

I think you missed the point... I'm not happy that I received a damaged package... The point is that the driver took some initiative and asked me if I wanted to send it back or take it subject to it being damaged... and in doing so, saved me time, money and kept some nice logs from drying out before i could seal them..

as to sending it back, he gave me a copy of the "damaged container, left with customer for evaluation" tag... all I had t do was call and tell UPS that my sand paper and sealer were broken, and they would of come and picked it up..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis