A good UPS post!

Page 2 of 2

_corporate_ customers, yes. "retail" customers. *NO*.

I've not bought from Dell, will no longer buy from Gateway or any of the big guys for reasons outlined on your web page. I bought my last dozen computers from Dennis. He builds them, supports them, fixes them, and if there is a problem, I get Dennis on the phone. Or I take it back to the shop and Dennis fixes it.
mac davis wrote:

I wonder if the UPS guy is still working for UPS. Almost every package I receive from UPS is damaged. The driver just leaves it at my front door or leans it against garage door and takes off as fast as he can before I have a chance to see the pacakge. I remeber the old days when they rang your doorbell to alert you and wait a few seconds before taking off. They could care less if it's pouring rain. I can't believe you are happy you received a damaged package. What if you had to send merchandise back? Would the merchant you purchased it from accept contents inside. BTW try to recover damages from UPS it's a whole other experience. Count your blessing on extraordinary luck.
On 24 May 2005 04:59:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

yep.. he delivered a package yesterday..
I think you missed the point... I'm not happy that I received a damaged package... The point is that the driver took some initiative and asked me if I wanted to send it back or take it subject to it being damaged... and in doing so, saved me time, money and kept some nice logs from drying out before i could seal them..
as to sending it back, he gave me a copy of the "damaged container, left with customer for evaluation" tag... all I had t do was call and tell UPS that my sand paper and sealer were broken, and they would of come and picked it up..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing