A Good Deal at H.D.

Depot has a pretty good deal going right now (for a change). Received several gift cards for Bd/Christmas and was holding off till I could find a 10% off coupon. Wanted the big Table saw, badly<G>. HD has a sale on anything up to $599.00 gets you $75.00 off. Got my new $549.00 saw yesterday for $474.00 (p-tax). Not a Gloat, but better than a 10% off coupon.. I'm happy again.. Bill
As an Aussie friend of mine would say:
'Good on ya mate!' (Or "mite" as he'd utter it) ; )
Personally, I never thought much of that saw. Is there anything on or about it that has changed to make it of greater appeal?
(it occurs that this question MIGHT come across as sarcasm - honestly NOT intended!)
A real question: Has anything, to your knowledge, changed?
And by the way, I agree, an honestly 'good' deal Has become a rarity at HD!
Warmly, Griz
"Depot has a pretty good deal going right now (for a change). Received "several gift cards for Bd/Christmas and was holding off till I could find a "10% off coupon. Wanted the big Table saw, badly<G>. HD has a sale on "anything up to $599.00 gets you $75.00 off. Got my new $549.00 saw "yesterday for $474.00 (p-tax). Not a Gloat, but better than a 10% off "coupon.. I'm happy again.. "Bill "
Well, it still won't help ya git a "shrimp off the barbie", but I did research close to 20 feedback comments from the HD and Ridgid sites and almost across the board it got 5 stars. Several pretty good comments here on the rec. also. I compared it to the Delta at Lowes and preferred the cast vice stamped tables , plus the Fence seemed very solid (even on the store model). Main selling point was the location of the controls. Haven't gotten it all assembled as yet, so that will be the real test of a good/bad decision! The price was right and a move up from my 4 year old Skil <G> Bill