A gloat and a reminder

Page 2 of 2

I got into 1 minute of it till I saw there was another 29 minutes to go... just ain't got that kinda time...
Sorry, Lew. I never really graduated from the lingerie section of old Sears catalogues. In retrospect, I blame those scantily clad women for leading me to the tool section. (PS, I made that shit up, because there were no Sears Catalogues where I grew up.)
"Robatoy" wrote:
================================I got into 1 minute of it till I saw there was another 29 minutes to go... just ain't got that kinda time...
There is a slow day coming in the old top shop<grin>

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/energy-environment/solar-energy/index.html?scp=3&sq=solar&st=cse
Regards,
Tom Watson wrote:

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/energy-environment/solar-energy/index.html?scp=3&sq=solar&st=cse
Good stuff there. Focused (as usual) on the generation of electricity, which is typically less than 10% efficient, rather than on thermal applications at 75-80% efficiency.
There's a lot of "low-hanging fruit" that's just being ignored...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I like the idea of self-installing solar heating panels. If I had the money right now, I'd do it.
karmstrn wrote:

If you're a builder, why not DIY? If you're not a builder, build the panel yourself and have a local carpenter install it for you.
I should have mentioned earlier - at http://www.builditsolar.com you can find a wealth of ideas and plans...
...and visit my web site and see if anything there tickles your imagination.
And if you like my panels particularly well, read the last paragraph of "fine print" on my ordering page. I'm doing my best to solve that problem, too.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Congratulations, Morris! Unfortunately, my house is not oriented well for solar, and the HOA rules are in the way as well.
Please let us know when the magazine comes out and how to look at the article.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

Thank you. :)

I remember your situation - and I'm still predicting that they'll amend those rules.

They say it's scheduled for the August issue, and it'll probably be hard to get me to /stop/ talking. :-D
BTW, I've added a bit (drawings, photos, videos, and formulas) to the fluidyne pages since we last talked about solar engines. You might find Simon Popy's video on the "Related Projects Elsewhere" page especially interesting...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Thanks, Morris, later perhaps. Got to work today <grin>
--
Best regards
Han

cm wrote:

Thank you. I'd reached a point where /any/ news would have been great news. It's frustrating to work on something new that solves a real problem and not be effective at getting the word out (geeks make notoriously poor salesmen, and vice versa).
I've been tempted to go out and get a CD of Sousa marches. :-)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote:

Congratulations ... good things happen to good folks!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

Thanks! Every once in a while my fairy godmother wakes up from her coma, smacks me across the face with her wand, and goes back to sleep. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Snip

Congratulations Morris you deserve it. Hope you get plenty of sales, keep up the good work.
Rgds Phil.