A gentle reminder for "the season"

Page 4 of 6

Actually, I am on call from Wednesday thru Sunday, taking shifts for my colleagues. They reciprocate later in the year.
colleagues? Is that what you call your cellmates?
dave
snipped-for-privacy@null.com wrote:

says...

There's more than one???
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Which New Year?
Jeff

I am sorry for whatever has you feeling so poorly; but it is just an expression, like "how are you?" If the person likes saying it, what does it cost you to let it pass?
And... what does it have to do with woodworking?
Oh and don't forget... we don't all follow the same calendar so don't you dare wish just anyone a happy new year...you know.. it may just be Time of the Rat or something like that...<g>
Merry CHRISTmas and if I don't see you Happy Easter too.

The intolerance exhibited in this thread is staggering, but thankfully not universal.
Now, ya'll go out a blow a bunch of money or else people around you won't feel loved. Besides, as Bushie put it, go out and spend money, or else the terrorists win.

Why don't you keep your intolerance to yourself, then?
Tolerance does not mean acceptance, BTW.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

I am intolerant of the intolerant.
Damn, stuck on a Mobius strip again . . .
snipped-for-privacy@null.com says...

So people celebrating a special time to them makes them intolerant? You will only be satisfied if people skulk about, whispering Christmas greetings to one another only after a secret handshake signifying they are accepting of such a greeting? Yeah, that sounds real tolerant.

The intolerance exhibited in this thread is staggering, but thankfully not universal.
You're right. It began with your original post. The thing about having a particular belief is that it isn't one if you don't believe in it. So what people like you are saying is it's ok if you have a belief as long as you aren't the sort of person who stands up for their beliefs. Don't practice it openly, don't profess it and don't believe in it enough to espouse it to those around you who may care about. I believe my beliefs are right.. that's why I believe in them. I believe my beliefs are best for me which equates to me believing they are the best for those around me. I understand you may not believe in my beliefs but do not make the mistake of believing I'm the sort of man who professes a belief but doesn't really believe in it.
snipped-for-privacy@null.com wrote:

So? I don't get offended by all the Christmas stuff. I even call it "Christmas" instead of insisting on calling it something else. We celebrate on the 25th because everyone else does, but today is actually the big day for us. Bright days ahead from now until June. I'm stoked! I hate the dark half of the year.
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:57:47 -0500, Silvan

Happy Solstice! Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" for real email address
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

It was a good one ideed. Got up warm enough that I didn't even have to use my new heater! If that's a harbinger of what's to come with the onset of winter proper, I can live with it. (I rather suspect it isn't though.)
Silvan wrote:

Ah yes, Short Afternoon Disorder.
I'm with you on this one.
UA100, up far enough on the globe to see sunset at 4:19 but not as far up as Luigi...
Anyone who doesn't care about Christmas is free to ignore it.

Have to taken a look around lately?!? You must have thick glaucoma. I do try to . . .

Null, No pussy latley eh? It must really suck to be a PC dude liek yourself. People like you are the problem in this world.

T. said:

LMAO. How about a sacrifice of puckey ducks with a yellow nail gun?
Then Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Festivus!
Greg G.
<Greg G.> wrote in message

For JOAT they must be sacrifices of young virgins to the "woodworking gods"!(snicker)
Nahmie