A funny student story about glue

No..let's.

I was told it was made from the Haggis bird. A small bird, incapable of flight, looks somewhat like a penguin..lives on the side of hills. That's why one leg is shorter than the other.

Reply to
Robatoy

I realize this thread was about glue initially, but I just love the way this newsgroup runs with any thread. Truly priceless. Got to love this place.

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nr-tor01.bellnexxia.net:

Nobody brought up pvc dust collection piping explosions or wiring for

240v, until now. Or politics.

The thread obviously has a way to run yet.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Sorry, I'm Gaijin and way bigger than he is.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

I overlooked that..I wash my hands off it...in acetone.

Reply to
Robatoy

I used to work for a software company that had its main office here in Indianapolis, and a couple other offices in other parts of the US. A couple of us from the Indy office were at a computer conference in California with a guy from our Los Angeles office. He was telling us all about different kinds of sushi, how good they taste, and so on. Told him "back in Indiana, we call that stuff by a different name.... BAIT!"

Doug Miller

the connections between chickens and McNuggets.

There IS a connection?>>

Sure. Why do you think they call it "connective tissue?"

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

A bumper sticker from a local archery store "Vegetarian is an old Indian word for lousy hunter" robo hippy

Reply to
reedgray

: The stomach is the cooking vessel. I don't think you actually eat the : stomach.

: The actual "ingredients" are mutton trimmings, oats, and potatoes, : which, while not exactly haute cuisine, aren't terribly different from : sausage.

Real haggis includes ground sheep heart, lungs, and liver.

Bleeeachhh!

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

C'mon now Andy, you never tried some of the more "imaginative" Indian or Tex/Mex cuisine? Someone mentioned earlier about very little going to waste . . most farmers who raise their own pork use "everything but the squeal". On the farm, after trimming everything off for "head cheese" Uncle would hang the skull from wire in the henhouse and let the chickens clean off what they wanted of it. Don't knock head cheese until you've tried it. Good home-made stuff is tasty. Not a thing in the world wrong with heart or liver either. Fresh pork liver was always on the menu for supper on hog-butchering day.

On butchering day, Granddad would bring a couple big washtubs, collect the entrails for some Italiano friends in town. They cleaned them out to use for natural sausage casing. Not my idea of *fun*, but the sausage was good.

Difficult to find it these days, but a nice beef heart and/or tongue is right up there on my list of tasty stuff. SWMBO hasn't done it for a long time, but makes a great dish of pickled heart and tongue. Usually hard to keep the lid on long enough for it to get pickled.

Doug Miller, you live in hog country, didja ever try scrambled eggs 'n' pork brains? MMMmmmmmmm!

Ah, the memories! People talk about eating venison, etc. Nothing wrong with woodchuck, young raccoon or squirrel, either.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I've had Haggis, or at least an Americanized version of it. I can only assume that it was prepared in an alternate way, since it was catered by a local restarant for Robert Burn's night. Not bad, but not very good, either- reminded me of that "Grape Nuts" breakfast cereal. Could be I didn't drink enough Scotch before I had it, though.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Yeah, that's what they call it in Wisconsin, too. But one of the local Chinese joints got converted to a Sushi bar by one of the sons who inherited the place, so now I get to have it again, despite the seemingly universal loathing midwesterners have for the very idea of it. I can't be the only one, the place takes reservations and is always packed.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

I still don't see why that is terribly different than sausage...

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Getting your own back for that eagle eating your liver every night ?

Reply to
Bob Martin

On Sun, 01 May 2005 20:05:44 -0400, the inscrutable Robatoy spake:

That's a gutsy statement, Rob. Reminds me of an old girlfriend, Ilene.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

occasionally

Haggis is not much different from Cajun boudin, which is made with rice instead of oats. I had the real thing in a little village in Scotland (Carluke) that I used to stay at when I lived in England ... the guy, father of a friend of mine, was the local butcher and had all kinds of exotic (except to a coonass) breakfast concoctions prepared with organ meats of sheep and cows. But then, I grew up eating boudin, with a couple of fried eggs on top, for breakfast almost every morning, so I was right at home.

Then there is "menudo", AKA Mexican roadkill, which it smells like ... but damn it tastes good, providing you can get pass the smell. The country Mexican's squeeze a whole lime in each bowl ... "piquant" comes to mind.

Reply to
Swingman

Nope, and have no intention of doing so, either.

Had squirrel for the first time a coupla years ago. That's good eating! But they sure are a PITA to skin.

Doug Miller

And her Oriental friend.... Irene.

Doug Miller

Not if you know "the trick" ... I bet I could still skin a squirrel in less than ten seconds, even though I haven't had any practice in 30 years. Starting at the age of nine, when I got my first .22, part of my job was to supply the household with squirrel meat.

Reply to
Swingman

OK, give! What's "the trick"?

Doug Miller