A funny in my mailbox this AM.

Sorry for the caps. I just copied and pasted. Anyhow, it started my day with a laugh.

THREE WOMEN, TWO YOUNGER, AND ONE SENIOR CITIZEN WERE SITTING NAKED IN A SAUNA. SUDDENLY THERE WAS A BEEPING SOUND.

THE YOUNG WOMAN PRESSED HER FOREARM AND THE BEEP STOPPED. THE OTHERS LOOKED AT HER QUESTIONINGLY. 'THAT WAS MY PAGER', SHE SAID. 'I HAVE A MICROCHIP UNDER THE SKIN OF MY ARM.'

A FEW MINUTES LATER, A PHONE RANG. THE SECOND YOUNG WOMAN LIFTED HER PALM TO HER EAR. WHEN SHE FINISHED, SHE EXPLAINED, 'THAT WAS MY MOBILE PHONE, I HAVE A MICROCHIP IN MY HAND.'

THE OLDER WOMAN FELT VERY LOW-TECH. NOT TO BE OUTDONE, SHE DECIDED SHE HAD TO DO SOMETHING JUST AS IMPRESSIVE. SHE STEPPED OUT OF THE SAUNA AND WENT TO THE BATHROOM. SHE RETURNED WITH A PIECE OF TOILET PAPER HANGING FROM HER REAR END. THE OTHERS RAISED THEIR EYEBROWS AND STARED AT HER. THE OLDER WOMAN FINALLY SAID...................' WELL, WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT.....I'M GETTING A FAX!!'

Reply to
JC

A variation on the theme:

RicodJour

I hate to say it but I heard that 10 years ago.

Reply to
Lou

I've heard most jokes before...at least the ones I've already heard. ;)

RicodJour

heard that before....

:-)

Reply to
jo4hn

Many, many years ago, I read a comic strip called "Gordo" in which one of the characters was telling joke to someone and another character said, "You've been telling that joke for years, it's old" To which the original character replied, "There are no new jokes, only new listeners"

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I have a friend that has an 11.5 year repertoire of jokes. He just started the 5th iteration...

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

ohhhwait.. I read irritation instead of iteration.

At the Lifer Section in Kingston Penitentiary, the inmates knew each other's jokes so well, they just numbered them. You'd hear things like "86!!" and then the entire group would break out in laughter. "116!" and the whole gang would crack up again. A new prisoner caught on pretty quick and was pretty much accepted by the other lifers as one of 'them'. One day he ventured out by saying "86!" out loud....and not a single chuckle or guffaw from anybody. He immediately wanted to know why, when he said "86", nobody laughed, yet when another guy did the same thing several week prior, everybody cracked up. He was told that "some people know how to tell a joke, and some people don't".

Reply to
Robatoy

So, you a joke cop? Ever read a book more than once or see a movie more than once?

Reply to
stu

uf7VnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com...

LOL... I'm sure he's read the PNAC documents more than once.

Reply to
Robatoy

Huh? How did you get that out of my comment?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Was to the ' ...heard it 10 years ago.' reply .

Reply to
stu

That reply wasn't mine. Your reply appeared to be directed at mine.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita