A fun little "on the side" project ...

Do you still remember December's foggy freeze when the ice that clings on to your beard is screaming agony. And you snatch your rattling last breaths with deep-sea-diver sounds, and the flowers bloom like madness in the spring.

Reply to
Robatoy

Sun streaking cold an old man wandering lonely. Taking time the only way he knows. Leg hurting bad, as he bends to pick a dog-end he goes down to the bog and warms his feet.

Reply to
nailshooter41

Awesome!

Reply to
Robatoy

Indeed. Ouch! But at least bad puns don't have any aromatic components to them.

-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Aqualung, my friend. Don't you start away uneasy. You poor old sod, you see, it's only me.

Jethro Tull is my favorite band of all time.

-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If they did, that one would be a stinker, wot?

Reply to
Robatoy

LOT of good memories attached to jethro Tull's time on the hit parade. Played those LP's till I could hear the other side simultaneously.

Did you catch that duet Anderson played with Flight Engineer Cady Coleman (she was aboard the ISS) real time?

old man and his crew---

After all these years,

It's=EF=BB=BF apogee.

Pilot training and remorse---

Spirit friends fly too,

At apogee.

Reply to
Robatoy

Abbalooley, old sport.

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Och! You should have bought a better turntable with a lighter cartridge. Mine only went flat (wiped the undulations off the groove so it was one straight groove on each side.) not through.

Man, have Ian's looks changed over the years, but his voice and mannerisms are immediately recognizable. I saw them in Phoenix another life ago.

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Lost on me completely. Funny how just a slight difference in age, draft/military status and geographic location can make such a musical cultural divide.

Simply never had the _opportunity_ during their heyday to get into them ...

Reply to
Swingman

Then why do folks say that puns stink?

Reply to
Just Wondering

Only good ones stink.

Reply to
Robatoy

Between early Cornick and then Hammond, Jethro Tull had some superb bass players. You'd approve. I like Jethro Tull almost as much as 10cc, which is still my 'go-to' music when life's bullshit tries to get me down. The early 70's were so rich in musical terms that I had dozens of favourite bands... My top 20 favourites are all number one depending on my needs at the time. One song which will ALWAYS put a smile on y face is Moody Blues' Floating:

"Floating free as a bird Sixty foot leaps it's so absurd From up here you should see the view Such a lot of space for me and you"

A doobie helps that a lot......or so I'm told.

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news:a82b6ccd-e367-42f1-920d- snipped-for-privacy@r20g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

If they stink, they're probably only 2/3s of a pun.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Oy vey!

Reply to
Robatoy

That's too bad. Early on, they were technically fabulous and extremely versatile. Try a listen to the early albums, such as "This Was" and "Stand Up". Amazon is a good source for 30-second samples.

I think "Passion Play" was their last good album, but they continued on with a dozen more. Fame killed them for me, because they kept on adjusting to what played on the Top 40. Ick!

But I like some Goodman/Miller/Dorsey swing, too, but the loud trumpets blew me out. Swing was Mom's thing (along with Como and Snotra ;)

Instrumentals are my main thing, though. Music -needs- no words.