A fun little "on the side" project ...

Awesome!
On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 22:05:35 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Aqualung, my friend. Don't you start away uneasy. You poor old sod, you see, it's only me.
Jethro Tull is my favorite band of all time.
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

LOT of good memories attached to jethro Tull's time on the hit parade. Played those LP's till I could hear the other side simultaneously.
Did you catch that duet Anderson played with Flight Engineer Cady Coleman (she was aboard the ISS) real time?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeC4nqBB5BM

The old man and his crew---
After all these years,
It's apogee.
Pilot training and remorse---
Spirit friends fly too,
At apogee.
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 07:12:07 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Och! You should have bought a better turntable with a lighter cartridge. Mine only went flat (wiped the undulations off the groove so it was one straight groove on each side.) not through.

Wow, that was GREAT! Bouree was always one of their best.
Man, have Ian's looks changed over the years, but his voice and mannerisms are immediately recognizable. I saw them in Phoenix another life ago.
-- We're all here because we're not all there.
On 4/30/2011 8:33 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Lost on me completely. Funny how just a slight difference in age, draft/military status and geographic location can make such a musical cultural divide.
Simply never had the _opportunity_ during their heyday to get into them ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Between early Cornick and then Hammond, Jethro Tull had some superb bass players. You'd approve. I like Jethro Tull almost as much as 10cc, which is still my 'go-to' music when life's bullshit tries to get me down. The early 70's were so rich in musical terms that I had dozens of favourite bands... My top 20 favourites are all number one depending on my needs at the time. One song which will ALWAYS put a smile on y face is Moody Blues' Floating:
"Floating free as a bird Sixty foot leaps it's so absurd From up here you should see the view Such a lot of space for me and you"
A doobie helps that a lot......or so I'm told.

That's too bad. Early on, they were technically fabulous and extremely versatile. Try a listen to the early albums, such as "This Was" and "Stand Up". Amazon is a good source for 30-second samples.
I think "Passion Play" was their last good album, but they continued on with a dozen more. Fame killed them for me, because they kept on adjusting to what played on the Top 40. Ick!
But I like some Goodman/Miller/Dorsey swing, too, but the loud trumpets blew me out. Swing was Mom's thing (along with Como and Snotra ;)
Instrumentals are my main thing, though. Music -needs- no words.
-- We're all here because we're not all there.
On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 21:54:23 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Indeed. Ouch! But at least bad puns don't have any aromatic components to them. <groan>
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 07:03:27 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Abbalooley, old sport.
-- We're all here because we're not all there.
On 4/30/2011 7:30 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Only good ones stink.

If they stink, they're probably only 2/3s of a pun.
Puckdropper
On Apr 30, 6:19pm, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Oy vey!
"Swingman" wrote in message wrote:

Thanks, Robert ... I enjoyed working with the other folks on that project, no pressure, just do your thing and see what comes. It is certainly not something I would have sought out, or even thought I'd like doing for that matter.
Yeah you did goooood.

All of you did real GOOD!
My hat is off!
--