a few pics of homemade tools

Hello, on http://lisa2.physik.uni-bonn.de/~hannappe/holzarbeiten/index.html you can see some of my homemade tools: Two dado planes, inspired by Steve Knights dado planes (but mine are without nickers), and a cantilevered tail vise.
Greetings, Juergen
Very nice and I am sure Steve would be honored.
Phone: +49 228 73 2447 FAX ... 7869

Juergen Hannappel wrote:

Jurgen...
Nicely done!
Yours is the first such cantilevered vise I've seen. Is that your design and did you build it?
--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA

Yes, I both "designed" and built it. It is basically an enlarged version of the wooden clamps, and made from a few scraps of bich plywood, the rod is also a scrap piece. I'm now considering something to replace my broken front vise (i bought too cheap, although i know better than to doo that, temptation overmasertered me...) with something similar.
Thanks Juergen, That gives me a great idea for cheap easy to construct vise. Virgle Smithfield, Va.

nice pics, but can't read a word of that text, you must have been hacked. ;-)
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Juergen Hannappel" < snipped-for-privacy@lisa2.physik.uni-bonn.de> wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:20:23 +0100, Juergen Hannappel
depths:

OUCH! I just imagined accidentally walking into that vise. It's at the WRONG level for comfort, isn't it? =:0 RE: the planes, why did you make 'em without nickers?
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. --- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming