a few pics of homemade tools

Hello, on

can see some of my homemade tools: Two dado planes, inspired by Steve Knights dado planes (but mine are without nickers), and a cantilevered tail vise.

Greetings, Juergen

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

Very nice and I am sure Steve would be honored.

Reply to
Leon

Jurgen...

Nicely done!

Yours is the first such cantilevered vise I've seen. Is that your design and did you build it?

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Thanks Juergen, That gives me a great idea for cheap easy to construct vise. Virgle Smithfield, Va.

Reply to
Virgle Griffith

Yes, I both "designed" and built it. It is basically an enlarged version of the wooden clamps, and made from a few scraps of bich plywood, the rod is also a scrap piece. I'm now considering something to replace my broken front vise (i bought too cheap, although i know better than to doo that, temptation overmasertered me...) with something similar.

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

nice pics, but can't read a word of that text, you must have been hacked. ;-)

Reply to
KYHighlander

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:20:23 +0100, Juergen Hannappel brought forth from the murky depths:

OUCH! I just imagined accidentally walking into that vise. It's at the WRONG level for comfort, isn't it? =:0 RE: the planes, why did you make 'em without nickers?

- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. ---

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques