A Drill Press to match to a Delta Mortising attachment

Came across a great deal on a delta mortising attachment and bits. I'm looking for a drill press now. Does anyone know if the attachment can be used on any other brand of drill press besides delta? I have no idea about matching anything up or requirements to match the chuck, etc. Thanks
The ring (split) that attaches to the Quill ? just above the spindle is sized to fit a delta. See what it can fit - and you can likely have enough room - see if height is ok and if the chuck can reach the drill.
Martin
On 4/30/2015 3:44 PM, Gene wrote:

replying to Martin Eastburn , Gene wrote:

Thanks Martin. The mortise attachment kit comes with 3 different sized split rings. The instructions say they are able to fit to the 12, 14. 15 & 32 inch Delta drill presses. They appear to be oval shaped, ranging in internal diameter of 36x39mm, 43x46mm and 48x50mm. A friend of mine has an 8" craftsman DP, so I measured the quill on it and it was 38mm but round.
Now I'm wondering if the oval shape is unique to delta quills? If so, I think I will be stuck buying a delta (not that delta is a bad DP, to the contrary) just wanted more price options if I could match the rings to other brand quills.
The oval shape says it will attach to two sides and not all around. Simply giving more room to make sure a good pinch hold is done.
This has to fit over the top of the chuck if the chuck is used. Dad's had a special wood spindle he put in that had two screws in it to hold the drill with.
Baring that, the flat is aligned with a hole in the chuck. The key hole. Which means the chuck faces touch the round part of the drill.
Martin
On 5/1/2015 4:44 PM, Gene wrote:

Gene: Buy it Now! I have a Chinese press in FL and a a Rigid in NC and my Delta kit fits just fine on either. It (a regular/full) kit is supplied with a set of split rings to allow attaching to various drill presses.
Next time you find a Brand Name Find, try googling for the owner's manuals first. Often they will readily answer such questions as you pose - and with specificity.