A decent looking work bench at Sams

I was at Sam's yesterday in the automotive section. I spotted a work bench with a 1.75" thick Maple top 72"x25". The legs and supports appeared to be 3" square steel with that "Fish Eye" silver and black paint. Looks Heavy Duty. It was constructed such that it looks like it would be easy to add a storage cabinet underneath. $199 locally, online $171.86. I think it would be hard to build one cheaper.
http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?mt=a&n=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0837660819.1133298858_CS_&BV_EngineID deaddggfimjfmcfkfcfkjdgoodfkf.0&coe=0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-32122%3a-32123%3a-41143%3a921096
The one out on display at the local Sams has a very rough top. Not rough but rather wavy. Feels like a wash board if you run your hand over it front to back. Might want to check that if a flat top is important to you.

Thanks. The local one is setting about 5' off the floor. If I ever decide to go that route I'll be sure and check the top.
At 38" high that work surface, even if flat, would only be comfy for a really tall fella. Not sure how you'd cut say 5" off the legs if you needed to...
J.

Good point.