A Couple Of Warm Fuzzies

Well, was in the midst of making a new saw sled, then found out my little saw wasn't keeping its alignment. It still cuts well enough, but winds up with about a 1/4" kerf, instead of 1/8". Not really willing to spend money on a new saw at this time, so will probably just make a disc sander o ut of it. In the meantime I figure I can get along just fine with a circular saw and straightedge.
However, getting to the warm fuzzy part, I made a trip to the big city yesterday and latched onto a 10" compound miter saw and a hand belt sander. Not top of the line, but decent enough I figure they'll both last me a long time. Now, having the belt sander, along with my hand power planer, and my chainsaw, means I'm all set for precision woodworking.
Coulda got along without the miter saw, but been wanting one, got a good price on it, and with my saw problem, decided what the Hell. Anyway, I'll be going into a semi-production mode for awhile, and it'll really help speed up the process - once I make a few mods that is.
The best part of making a gift to yourself is, you get just what you wanted. Life is basically good.
JOAT I do not have the huge amount of faith needed to be an Atheist.
"J T" wrote in message

What color you gonna paint it?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07
Swingman wrote:

You, sir, owe me a keyboard.
Wed, Jan 17, 2007, 5:51am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Swingman) doth query: What color you gonna paint it?
I had originally planned on bright yellow. Who'd of guessed? But, then realized I was getting very set in my ways, very predicatble; and continually painting all my tools bright yellow is not conducive to continuing good mental health. So, decided to totally revise my mindset. Accordingly, the color of choice is now rubber ducky yellow. I feel much better now.
JOAT A problem adequately stated is a problem well on its way to being solved. - R. Buckminster Fuller
"J T" wrote in message

I can fix that ... go ahead, e-mail us a picture!
;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07
JOAT A problem adequately stated is a problem well on its way to being solved. - R. Buckminster Fuller
"J T" wrote in message

Hehe ... you should be in the movies!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (Swingman) doth query:

Heck, most of my smaller tools come from the store already yellow!
Patriarch
Wed, Jan 17, 2007, 6:19pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net (Patriarch) doth thusly proclaimeth: Heck, most of my smaller tools come from the store already yellow!
In that case I would recommend bubble gum pink.
JOAT A problem adequately stated is a problem well on its way to being solved. - R. Buckminster Fuller
Precisely my question! The DeWalts are already yellow.
J.
Swingman wrote:

Wed, Jan 17, 2007, 7:47pm snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (John) doth proclaimeth: Precisely my question! The DeWalts are already yellow.
Ah, but are they rubber ducky yellow? I don't think so. To you also, I will recommend bubble gum pink
JOAT A problem adequately stated is a problem well on its way to being solved. - R. Buckminster Fuller
J T wrote:

A gift to ..... WHO? Now, how did you manage THAT? ;-)
Pop`
Wed, Jan 17, 2007, 4:08pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@devnull.spamcop.net (Pop`) expresses surprise with: A gift to ..... WHO? Now, how did you manage THAT? ;-)
Well, I AM the most deserving person I know. Anyway, it's spend it, or have the kids want to "borrow" it.
JOAT A problem adequately stated is a problem well on its way to being solved. - R. Buckminster Fuller