a choice: unisaw w/ unifence vs unisaw w/ beis

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:15:05 -0700, "Kevin"

That's what I did on the second fence.

1-3/8" approx. for the whole length.

"Frank Boettcher" wrote... [snip]

While this is true it is easily compensated for by making a 1" spacer block and attaching it to the fence, then setting the fence 1" longer than the needed cutoff length. Even the most severely math challenged can manage this.

Mine was dead nuts on from the factory for both sides. Art
maybe another way to look at it is..
everyone cloned the Bies...
noboby cloned the Uni.. (though it may be under tight enough patents)
or.. Delta bought Bies..
pound for pound, I'm probably going to lean towards the Bies...
but I have photos of the saw w/ uni and mmm.mmmm.. sure looks nice..
haha..
On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:36:27 -0700, "Kevin"

Yep
Much, much more expensive to tool up. Most biese clones use off the shelf structurals with very little post processing. Unifence has expensive dies, machining fixtures, and machine tools for the body, porthole extrusion dies for the guide and fence.

Yep, gave Delta the best two fence systems at the time.

Good choice

Another good choice.

Frank