A Carving Master

Stumbled upon this website while surfing FWW-online.
Simply jaw dropping...
http://davidesterly.com /
--
www.garagewoodworks.com

Add pictures here
✖
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ProjectsAndDesign/ProjectsAndDesignArticle.aspx?id0250
--
www.garagewoodworks.com

Add pictures here
✖
Garage_Woodworks wrote:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ProjectsAndDesign/ProjectsAndDesignArticle.aspx?id0250 Yeah, I was going to say, wasn't he on the back cover of Fine Woodworking last month?
--
Blog Me! http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com

Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 7, 1:34 am, Brian Henderson

Yes this was in the current issue of fine woodworking. The guy is a master for sure. I would not even attemp this kinda wook, the hours involved must be on a grand scale.
Randy http://nokeswoodworks.com
Add pictures here
✖
Not my cup of tea per-se but quite accomplished. I think I'd like to start doing some relief work myself on a few pieces at some point. I think if maybe someone can actually become that incredible, maybe there is hope for me to master the few relief barley stalks I'd like to lay down. That stuff is really something far apart. Definition of a master for sure.

Add pictures here
✖

While I was in Italy I saw a piece that Grinling Gibbons had done. It was a wall hung brace of birds - just bagged apparently - and hanging by a string. There was a detailed carved fly on the string. Jaw- dropping work.
✖
Those are pretty cool.
--
Mike