A&C Kitchen Dining Set - The fat lady still has to ....

Page 1 of 2
... spray some shellac.
But other than that, it's over:
The "Little Chair That Started It All":
http://65.205.120.222/images/MysteryChair1a.jpg
The end results (sans shellac):
http://65.205.120.222/images/CrftsManCh31.jpg
http://65.205.120.222/images/CrftsManCh30.jpg
http://65.205.120.222/images/ACset.jpg
http://65.205.120.222/images/ACset2.jpg
The full story, if you ain't heard it already:
http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects10.htm
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/01/06
"Swingman" wrote in message

Looks very good. You may have to build a bigger dining room table to accomadate the classy chair - bench combo!
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

Nahh ... it's designed for that spot:
http://65.205.120.222/images/ACset3.jpg
Actually, I made the two extra chairs (six instead of the needed four in the space), so that the table could be used in someone's else's (daughter's?) dining room after I'm long gone.
One extra chair will go under the clock, where it is no, ready for action.
And the other will go very well with SWMBO's writing desk to replace the "chair that started it all" ... providing I can convince her to give up the upholstered seat, poplar, prototype:
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/708-9.jpg
As for the bench, she/they/future owners can put it in the hall, for all I care. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/06

NNNNNIIIIICCCCCEEEE!!!
Typical bass player... <G>
Very nice.
And the whole time I pictured them being used in the front dining room.
You are the Chair-Man
Very nice, Swingman, very nice indeed.
*turning green*
S_W_E_E_T, VERY SWEET
Lew

Beautiful work!
Frank
Really Purty....
Swingman wrote:

I think you covered part of this already but do a T&M recap for those of us that maight be crazy enough to start our very own. I recall that you kept pretty tight records on this deal.
Swingman wrote:

"Pat Barber" wrote in message

Hi Pat,
I'll have to get back to you with a better take on the materials, but here is a _very_ accurate time breakdown, by task, for fabrication of the six chairs (not including prototyping/design time):
Mill/Layout/Cut Parts on Cut List: 30.25 Setup/route Mortises: 39.00 Initial sand/surface preparation: 19.75 Glueup: 12.75 Final Sand: 8.00 Stain: 5.75 Sealcoat TBD
105 hours/30 minutes thus far ... probably another four to six hours for the seal coat.
A Cutlist Plus run on the material for the six chars with wooden seats (QSWO @ $6.10 bf) shows $967.51 ... but I already a good deal of that in inventory left over from previous projects.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/06

Why do I add that all up to 115.5? No matter, they look good how ever long it took you!!! Great work.
"Tim Taylor" wrote in message

Thanks ... you, and my spreadsheet, are correct ... 115.5 it is.
My typo.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/06

Damn!!
I was so impressed with the swingman's chair odyssey that I never thought to check his math.
I came up with 115.50 as well.
Maybe TBD means subtract ten hours??
That's a lot of time and materials but the effort certainly looks nice. Chairs have always been a "scary item" for me to tackle.
Your design appears to take some of the scary out, but that is a LOT of M&T that must be perfect.
Did't you buy one of those snazzy M&T machines ???
Swingman wrote:

Thanks for all of your posts. You post good information, answer intelligent questions, and post a lot of information for those of us that aren't up to your level yet.
Mike M

What time are we all invited over for dinner?
You're going to need more chairs...
-Leuf
"Leuf" wrote in message

LOL. I'll make the gumbo .... but byol, chairs, and gumbo bowls.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/06