a blue box....how to veneer??

A friend would like me to make him a humidor. I've made these before so the box construction is not an issue. HOWEVER, he wants the exterior to be blue! I tried playing around with blue dyes but am not happy with the results. I purchased some blue veneer from Constantine's and glued some on a scrap piece of wood and it looks pretty good. Now...how do I build a box with it? Anyone have any good references (books, magazine articles, etc) that would be a good starting point to learn how to veneer surfaces that join at 90 degrees? Thanks

Reply to
Jeff Fleisher

Jeff Fleisher asks:

Uh, veneer 'em flat, cut and join?

Charlie Self "I am confident that the Republican Party will pick a nominee that will beat Bill Clinton." Dan Quayle

Reply to
Charlie Self

or... paint the box blue?

Reply to
js

Veneer the base wood and then build the box???

JOhn

Reply to
John

Tage Frid, 1st book. Best I've seen on how to do hammer veneering with hot hide glue.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Why veneer?

Edwin Pawlowski

Easier than blind dovetails to hide the corner joints.

Reply to
Andy Dingley