A bit of a gloat

Our company just had an auction of some surplus odds and ends including a Startrite TA 300PS cabinet saw with all of the options (sliding outrigger table, extension wings, rip fence with extension arm) all of which are in excellent condition. Picked it up for $500 Canadian. Any UK woodworkers familiar with this saw?
George Anderson Montreal Canada
DAGS turned up the following link:
http://www.poolewood.co.uk/acatalog/Startrite_STA_300_Table_Saw.html
Looks like a quality saw.
Best of luck with your new toy !
Planes True

That is the newer version of the saw, a better shot of the saw can be seen at
http://www.conwaysaw.co.uk/images/usedmachines/255.jpg
The photo is of the 1250 which is the same (IIRC) saw, possibly with a more powerful motor and a 12" blade.
George
Planes True wrote:

Here in UK, Startrite are a premium quality table saw. Not too many home woodworkers could afford the saw you purchased.
At $500 it's a snip and if one came up on the English Ebay, I'd imagine it woud probably sell for a min 1200 (work that out into Can dollars). I've got a 30 year, but in excellent condition, 165 startrite without sliding table and that would probably sell for 350 on Ebay
The company has been going for quite a few years and I'm sure that if you ever need spares it wouldn't be a problem.
Well done!
Cheers,
Chris