A better or simpler method?

I presently have a strip of Alum. 3/8 thick, 1 1/8 wide, approx. 8 inches long. The 1 1/8 x 8 inch surface is reasonably flat, so I spray it with adhesive and then adhere a strip of sandpaper to it.

I then use this 'flat' rigid surface to sand small objects to keep from rounding off corners, etc.

Works pretty good, but when the sandpaper becomes clogged, worn, etc, it is a hassle to remove the old sandpaper and adhesive before repeating the procedure.

Anyone have any ideas how to improve above, or an alternate method?

Thanks in advance, Ace

Reply to
Ace

have you tried a heat gun or hair drier to remove the old sandpaper? The adhesive I use comes off easily. don't use the premium "forever" adhesive. Use the stuff that if used on one surface provides a temporary bond. Even the "temporary" or repositional bond works plenty well for bonding sanding discs to stationary sanders.

dave

Reply to
David

Try Porter-Cable 740002201 Stikit Abrasive Roll - sticks good, removes easily.

Dave

Reply to
Teamcasa

I'll second the PC abrasive. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

"Ace" wrote in news:Kamlf.235325$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

You might try a few dabs of rubber cement...just enough tack to hold the paper in place...but a weak enough bond to remove..

Regards...

DCH

Reply to
DCH

Maybe this

A.M. Wood

A while back someone came up with a brilliant idea for planing slightly warped boards... Tack it to a piece of 3/4" MDF using a glue gun. So ...would that not be suitable perhaps? [the glue, not the MDF.]

Reply to
Guess who

No, never thought of the hair dryer... will try soon.

Thanks, Ace

Reply to
Ace

Don't leave home without it.

Sold by the quart at places like Office Depot.

Find an artist's supply house for a dispenser bottle which has a brush in the lid.

(You would be amazed how well it holds a piece of 24 grit, 4" wide, 48" long floor paper, on a piece of plywood to make a fairing board.)

Been there, done that, screw the tee shirt, bring cold beer.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett