A better or simpler method?

I presently have a strip of Alum. 3/8 thick, 1 1/8 wide, approx. 8 inches long. The 1 1/8 x 8 inch surface is reasonably flat, so I spray it with adhesive and then adhere a strip of sandpaper to it.
I then use this 'flat' rigid surface to sand small objects to keep from rounding off corners, etc.
Works pretty good, but when the sandpaper becomes clogged, worn, etc, it is a hassle to remove the old sandpaper and adhesive before repeating the procedure.
Anyone have any ideas how to improve above, or an alternate method?
Thanks in advance, Ace
Ace wrote:

have you tried a heat gun or hair drier to remove the old sandpaper? The adhesive I use comes off easily. don't use the premium "forever" adhesive. Use the stuff that if used on one surface provides a temporary bond. Even the "temporary" or repositional bond works plenty well for bonding sanding discs to stationary sanders.
dave

No, never thought of the hair dryer... will try soon.
Thanks, Ace
Ace wrote:

Rubber cement.
Don't leave home without it.
Sold by the quart at places like Office Depot.
Find an artist's supply house for a dispenser bottle which has a brush in the lid.
(You would be amazed how well it holds a piece of 24 grit, 4" wide, 48" long floor paper, on a piece of plywood to make a fairing board.)
Been there, done that, screw the tee shirt, bring cold beer.
Lew

Try Porter-Cable 740002201 Stikit Abrasive Roll - sticks good, removes easily.
Dave
I'll second the PC abrasive. --dave

You might try a few dabs of rubber cement...just enough tack to hold the paper in place...but a weak enough bond to remove..
Regards...
DCH

A while back someone came up with a brilliant idea for planing slightly warped boards... Tack it to a piece of 3/4" MDF using a glue gun. So ...would that not be suitable perhaps? [the glue, not the MDF.]
I had thought of a glue gun, but did not want the slight bulge it would cause. However, I could shorten my flat strip of metal enough so the paper could be folded over and glued on the ends????
Thanks for the suggestion(and all the other responders also), Ace

Maybe this
http://www.dickblick.com/zz237/06 /