A bandsaw lesson that cost me $25

The band saw is close to the DC and with all the noise of the DC, I almost stuck my hand into the blade, thinking it was off.. Luckily, My fear factor has made me develop a habit of patting the switch to make sure that it's off.. It's one of those things like looking at your watch.. I didn't even realize that I do it, until I touched it and found it on..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Don't rely on the switch. My most embarrassing injury cane to the knuckle of the ring finger on my right hand. Almost vertical cut, which fortunately missed the tendon.
As the doc was sewing it up, he asked how. I said "band saw," then noticed his puzzled expression as he tried to figure out how I could have done it. Easy to do if you turn the machine off and begin to brush away the dust as it freewheels silently to a stop...

months before getting my BS) has been in my mind and keeping me away from a blade that MIGHT be moving..