Subject Author Posted Replies

plans for wooden mannequin
We all know them, those little wooden thingys and in case you dont have a clue what im talking about, here is a few links: (video) Well, i dont have one, but i need some sort of schematics, plans...
6
6

Your chance to be outstanding!
You know how great it feels to have your Handyman Club drill gauge in your pocket, and then how lousy it feels when everyone else at the woodworking meeting pulls theirs out also and you realize that...
2
2

OT - a breath of fresh air in DC
I don't usually post this kind of stuff but ... This is just so out of character for congress that I felt I had to. Too bad they didn't write it so it is retroactive. ----- Original Message ----- End...

Edge joining thin plywood?
Folks -- This question came up while looking at some old project plans. They were done up using cardboard mockups to get ideas of proportion and space. Lots of these used the "sliding card" principle...
7
7

cyclone dust collectors
i am about to buy a cyclone dust collector for my shop. Looking at the Oneida 2hp Super Gorilla or the Penn State 2.5hp Tempest #1425S. Can someone shed some light on which is better and why. thanks
10
10

OT - Got My Book Today
Single Shot Actions: Their Design And Construction. I hope I never run across another book that I want that costs as much as this one - $99.75, including postage.. But, on the plus side, after I read...

Douglas Fir Question
The site at this link says:"The WoodSampler is an online directory exhibiting some of the World's most popular woods." Is Douglas Fir not a "popular wood". It's not on the list. I only ask because fir...
8
8

Wainscotting, plywood, and sheetrock
When you are starting from framed walls and you plan on using some kind of wainscoting, how would you seal the joint between the sheetrock above and the plywood below? Thanks, Patrick
6
6

New (to me) RAS
Got a Red Star 40-A saw to collect. About 1946 vintage. It takes a 12" blade. What blade spec should I look for (rake, tooth count) for cross cutting, no ripping. Brand names do not mean much as we do...
5
5

Satin poly appears glossy - ideas?
The title says it all. I'm using a new gallon can of Minwax satin poly on stained oak. Wiped on the first coat thinned 25% with mineral spirits as often described in this group. Sanded and brushed on...
13
13

Woodworking Group Club Project for Christmas
I belong to a small (about 20 active members) woodworking group in my area. We recently started discussing how it might be possible to do something for our community at Christmas. One of our initial...
16
16

OT?? Wood chips for the smokebox (BBQ)
I have bought/made/salvaged all kinds of wood chips for my BBQ. Hickory and sugar maple are my ol' faithfulls, but apple and alder work nice too. Now, a lady friend of mine (out West) swears up and...
15
15

Big sawblade
Anybody looking for a cool wall decoration for the shop? {join lines, my News Server thinks this is a commercial posting otherwise} As usual, not associated with the seller, just a regular view of...
1
1

Ryobi CMS254 dropsaw repair
I have one of these fine drop saws, which has lost the little bit that stops the table rotating. I got a copy of the diagram of the machine from Ryobi but it isn't in the exploded drawing, or it's...
2
2

Perfect Miters?
I'm gluing up some door casings prior to installation and while some miters are perfect, some show small gaps on the visible side of the thicker portion of the profile. I'm curious as to the cause;...
35
35