Subject Author Posted Replies

Back Issue Popular Mechanics (chair plans)
Hello All, I sure could use some help. SWMBO wants a chair like the one in PM issue Feb. 2002,they call it 100th anniversary chair, I called, no back issue available. What I need is a readable copy of...
4
4

Fitchen cabinet finish options
I am going to make some new doors for some kitchen cabinets, and want to use a durable paint for a finish. The frames were painted in the past, and by the pulls, and knobs, the paint is coming off....
2
2

AALTO Coffee table
Hi there- I have inherited an AALTO white round coffee table, 36 inches On the underside of the table it says model # 73 Made in Sweden. It is in good condition. Can anyone advise me of the value of...
4
4

How to finish kitchen cabinets?
I am about to build my first kitchen cabinets. Have read a lot about it. 1) But one question: When do you apply the finish? The reason I ask, is that in some of the books they show the cabinets...
7
7

OT: Pet peeve.
So, you pull up behind a guy at a red traffic signal. He's going where you're going. Straight. The lane to the right of you (normally for straight-through and right- turns) is filling up with cars....
68
68

Need help in determining value of local walnut boles
Wanted - Value of hardwood trunks in central Texas. Any general rules of thumb appreciated here - for several species. A wood working neighbor has taken interest in my wood-mizer LT-15 (can be seen...
3
3

Wooden Viking swords
Son studying vikings and must have a sword. Any sites to see designs, plans, etc... Not just viking style but any I can modify. I haven't got a lathe. Thanks Ed.
24
24

Where to find a flush trim bit with a thin bearing?
The wife wants glass in the kitchen cabinet F&P doors. I removed the panels with no problem but now I can't find a flush trim bit with a bearing narrow enough to go in the groove formerly occupied by...
10
10

Edge banding plywood
What thickness do you 'typically' use when edge banding plywood (3/4") with solid stock?
6
6

Rewiring GI 50-185 saw back to 110V
So I need to rewire my tablesaw back from 220 to 110, and it was a long time ago that I switched it. I'm just looking for some confirmation. There's 4 wires that are labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4. The inside...
6
6

2" plate joiner blade alternatives
Are there any alternatives for the 4 tooth 2" FF Porter Cable plate joiner blade? Mine continues to burn wood even after sharpening.
3
3

Minor newbie gloat
There is a small pallet mill down on the other side of the railroad tracks in town, and they appear to dump their scrap in a pile outside the fence. This morning I just happened to drop by and came...
18
18

Wooden Harley
ON topic, eh? http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0 http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007440199,00.html

Wooden bowls on How Its Made
It was on already tonight but it repeats so check the schedule showed how wooden bowls are made. I think all you guys turning bowls on a lathe are doing it wrong. They show how it only takes one...
1
1

REVIEW - Wixey Digital Angle Gauge - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, Our review of the Wixey Digital Angle Gauge is now online. it helps! The Wixey Digital Angle Gauge has been a welcome addition to the woodworkers tool kit for machine setup and accuracy. These...