Subject Author Posted Replies

Dust Collector Recommendations Needed
I am considering buying a duct collector for my garage workshop, and am looking for recommendations. My requirements: - Around $200 or less - Portable (on wheels) - Regular 120V operation - Fairly...
32
32

Is there a group for posting project photos on?
The first is the more active.
2
2

Chairmaking for an experience Newbie
I would suggest that, after deciding upon a style/design (pick something else than "Queen Anne" ), making a full scale drawing on a sheet of 1/4" mdf and then making a prototype out of cheap wood...
25
25

Inspiration - playhouse / beds
This is not as fancy as the link you provided but my dogs don't care. are plexiglass windows to keep the sprinklers from spraying the dogs, now if I can just get my dog to stop spraying. Dave FL
3
3

OT- Pickup Truck Drawer System
Sorry, don't come standard with locks. You kinda answered your own question there, you know -- if they did come standard with locks, there wouldn't be an aftermarket. Right, I was explaining why...
39
39

alder vs pine for windows
I'm about to order new windows for our house. We are planning on staining the windows and would like an oak look. I'm trying to decide between alder or pine. I would like to know which one would look...
1
1

OT: Little shop of horrors is no more. (a little gloat-ish)
That's still my plan. NOW I have a place to put one. I'm reading The Bot Forum religiously. A man is only as old as the woman he feels. Wait. What? r
13
13

OT - Bluenecks
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk." http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/blue_necks.htmJOAT

OT - Rec.woodworking BBQ
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk." http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_feb2007/RedneckBarbecue.jpg
1
1

New website for Howard County (Md) Woodworkers Guild
The new site is now online - in the development phase (spell that 'under construction') It still needs some tweaking. http://www.hcwg.org
1
1

OT - Britain Invasion
Honest guys, I didn't have any part in any of this. JOAT "I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."

Black Walnut burl
I just dug up a 5oyo burl from a black walnut tree. I'm told its very valuable. Does anyone know how much I should ask for it? It's so big that my teenage son and I can't lift it out of the hole. diy...
5
5

alternate tread stair question
hi, Alternate tread stairs are for steep applications, such as to a loft. I was asked to build a set for someone. The tread width is 24", the depth for the wide half is 10", reducing to 4" for the...
9
9

Good book for learning Drafting?
I am looking for a book that teaches drafting for home study / self learning. I have now bought my 2nd book from and it isn't what I am looking for. One book was a high school level text book, and...
16
16

black resin in place of ebony inlay?
Yeah, I glued down approx. 1000 sf of floors in my house as well. Used the Bostick's Best as you describe. What a messy product!!!! But it sure grabbed those boards and I haven't seen any issues so I...
13
13