Subject Author Posted Replies

Wood Wax Conundrum?
While taking the MiL out for mother's day this weekend, I ran across a bee's wax product I have never seen before or tried. Shop owners said they've used it on everything for years and love it. I...
19
19

HandWorks 2017
Any of you going this Friday and Saturday (19/20May) ?
5
5

Refinishing a solid wood exterior door
The front door on my parents' house is as far as I can tell, original. It's a brick attached townhouse, built in the thirties, and at one time all of the houses had similar doors; many still do....
4
4

Ping Leon
Might this 3 step, fold-up step-stool be an option for your library ladder? The pic was copied/saved off an estate sale listing and I can't enlarge the pic, without distorting it. I think you can get...
3
3

Totally OT Drive By!
So a few months ago we were discussing credit cards and I mentioned that my credit card paid me 2% cash back on every thing I purchase. I also commented about an included feature that offered price...
41
41

OT - 1) Reminder & 2) What the heck is a fidget spinner?
1) Reminder: For all those within the path, I would highly recommend every one to start making plans for viewing the total solar eclipse, coming in Au gust. Viewing a total solar eclipse is suppose to...
16
16

zero clearance insert finish
made a zero clearance insert of some birch type ply what is a good long lasting finish that will be slippery thought of applying some poly but not sure how well that wears tung oil was another thought...
6
6

REQ: Wood/Furniture Identification
My other half got a dresser when grandma moved to adult living and sold her home. GMA said it was 100-125+ years old and made of mahogany. I am trying to identify the wood and style. Drawer bottom......
12
12

Air cleaner
My air cleaner in the old shop was opening the garage doors. The shop in the new house is in the basement and my wife is certain that the dust on the main floor furniture emanates from woodworking in...
6
6

Something Different For a Change
Instead of creating I did some repair work on an old walnut table. The customer contacted me about an old table that had a broken leg. As it turns out it had two broken legs and the third was loose....
22
22

Router Table fence
A couple of decades a go I got a Table for my Router. At the time I made a fence, and have used it ever since. The face of the old one is of a piece of 3/8 plywood, about 3.5 inches wide. It has...
11
11

Craftsman / Skilsaw q
Anyone know what a Craftsman worm drive saw Model 135.276103 corresponds to in the Skil 77 hierarchy? The manual is copyrighted '92 and I'm trying to determine how newer and lighter it is than my all...
1
1

Just imagine... a BUILDING, made of WOOD!!
"wait... whaaat, Steve? Are you dense?" Well yes I am, but seriously, this came over my LinkedIn feed today, and is pretty cool. Newly-developed, major commercial in Minneapolis. 7 stories, 238,000...
39
39

Desk Library Progresss
My filing cabinet/book shelves are almost complete. I have finished installing the 5 pieces and have anchored all 5 pieces to the wall. I also used the hex head washer head nuts and bolts, intended...
12
12

Tool Descriptions
SKILLSAW - A portable cutting tool used to make boards too short. BELT SANDER - An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs. WIRE WHEEL - Cleans...
73
73