Subject Author Posted Replies

My Kid Toys Links
I posted this in a thread, but am posting it here, for those that missed the thread, but might be itnerested. JOAT "I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know,...

Is it feasible to make a chairmat out of wood?
I know this subject has been brought up before but I thought I would ask again. I have gone through several of these stupid plastic things and they seem to get eaten up within a couple of months. It...
10
10

Leather vise jaws - glue, trimming
I took a look through Old Forge Hardware this past weekend and picked up a piece of hide to line my vise jaws. The tag says "7/8 oz. natural V-Cut Shoulder", and this stuff is about 1/8" thick and...
7
7

OT - Attention Bill Horne
Is it true? http://boortz.com/images/funny/redneck_pics_portapotty2.jpg
2
2

Pen problem -- more
Regarding my previous post -- am using the Americana style pen.

Pen assembly problem
I've been assembling pens for several years and recently have developed a problem that I cannot figure out. When pressing the top portion of the pen onto the bottom, if I go so far as to have the...
1
1

Wooden Toys
Hi! As a new grandfather, I would like to make wooden toys for my grandson. Does anyone have any suggestions for suitable books or internet sites for toy ideas and / or patterns? TIA Ian
10
10

OT - Redneck Poat-A-Potty
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk." http://boortz.com/images/funny/redneck_pics_portapotty2.jpg
2
2

OT - Inspirational Songs
Very inspirational indeed. JOAT "I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."...

INSPIRATION - VW Woody
Nice. JOAT "I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk." VW Woody Builder Page

STRAT
"I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk." http://www.desopolis.com/midwest/index.htm

Design Contest by NASA - Earthquake resistant building
Hi , I am take part in a contest organized by NASA Tech Brief and Solidworks Corporation. The subject is "EARTHQUAKE RESISTANT BUILDING". Please click the link below to see details & send it to your...

Blade cleaners revisited
The latest Shop Notes has an article on bit and blade cleaners and while my favorite did not win it required the least combination of time, amount of the product to get the job done, and was in the...
6
6

Problems Cutting OSB
Somehow I'd never used OSB. Had seen how it was made on Modern Marvels, and when I saw some in Lowes for $5+ for a 4X8 sheet, decided I'd try it for the halloween yard art for the grand-dau. Never saw...
6
6

Suggestions for cuting board finish?
I got a call from a friend with a restaurant today, asking if I could sand and refinish his 2 cutting boards.. They're "several" inches thick and used to have "some shiny stuff" on them..lol I'll look...
61
61