Subject Author Posted Replies

Mohagany planing
Hi, I bought some African Mohagany and asked the lumber store to plane it for me. After I got them, all boards come out having very bad mars on it. Seems like a dull planer blade pulling the soft part...
11
11

Running oak panelling grain horizontal vs. vertical
As mentioned in a previous post, I am adding 1/4" Oak panelling about 4 ft high around my entranceway. I would like to use a single sheet running along the two sidewalls which are each 52" long. I can...
3
3

Drawknives
Ran across these on the old tractor's web page. Look like they may be worth a look for someone interested in this type of tool. Note, you have to join the two lines, my news server thinks it's a...
2
2

INSPIRATION - Toy Wood Blocks
OK, but I'd add some columns out of 1" or so dowel stock, 3 to 6" long. I'd make sure no pieces were small enough to choke a small kid; and if any kids young enough to chew on them, I'd make sure it...

Re: Fatloss computer program
"Angel vasquez" spammed us Sorry, but we don't have much problems with fat wood. And if we do, we just scrape it off. You have much problems with fat software? That must be messy.
1
1

filling nail holes
I seem to remember reading that you can fill nailholes and small gaps with the dust left over from sanding and some glue. Does this sound right to anyone?
8
8

Bamboo flooring on a concrete floor?
I'm really attracted to bamboo flooring for my dining room/kitchen area. Can it be successfully laid over a concrete floor? I hear conflicting advice. One said that it must be glued to the floor, but...
6
6

Marketing your woodwork - advice please
I posted this in the binary group and thought that this might also be a good forum for expert advice. I've been carving wooden boxes and have found that I really enjoy it. I've been told I should make...
18
18

So, you want to build a ice house ???
should hold even the best of them for a while. I'm gonna start on the 1963 projects.. Very impressive list of plans http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/abeng/miscplans.htmThis
1
1

Mother of pearl tiles
I saw this episode of "I want that" on Fine Living network. They were showing off these 18x18 inch wall tiles made of mother-of-pearl. They were absolutely beautiful. I was wondering if any of you...

Decorative tiles
Decorative tiles is an exclusive and wanted product which is an excellent supplement to interiors giving them an unique character. Glaze that I am producing is hand-made, every tile is squeezed from...

What is it? CCII
Set 202 has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
25
25

router joints using jigs?
Do home made wood jigs work for cutting dovetail joints with the router? I wanted to make a box but didn't want to spend money on a aluminum jig but I want to cut them with my router? Any suggestions,...
3
3

Looking for images or books for trim designs...
Hello everyone, I have an entire house to trim and there is no way I am doing MDF picture frames around my windows, or crappy MDF baseboard. I will be trimming my house with cherry. I like some of the...
4
4

MOTORCYCLE ROCKER
And I just know that 'someone' is going to bitch about the plans being metric. JOAT "I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."
1
1