Subject Author Posted Replies

Estimating wooden ramp strength
I have steel ramps, but they are very short and suitable for my [low] trailer only. I am considering making ramps from wooden boards. Specifically, picture a ramp that looks like a letter I in cross...
54
54

Refinish an outdoor play set
Hello, I'm in the process of refurbishing an outdoor wooden play set. To that end, I've already power washed it and now want to apply some sort of finish or preservative. Color doesn't matter. The...
4
4

Uses of a pin vise
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but I've noticed that there is a nifty gadget out there called a pin vise, that will let me grab any bit, or other drill item, and turn them by hand. I'm going...
8
8

What is it? CCIII
Just posted set number 203: Rob What is it?
53
53

Birch Plywood Weirdness
I bought some birch plywood at Home Depot. I cut it into 12 inch boards to make shelves, but I noticed that in one section the veneer was repaired with two short pieces of scotch tape! This seems...
9
9

OT - Bottled Water
I know a lot of you guys drinkk it. Pernally, rather than paying for little bottle of water, I'd get one of those home water distillers, they run on electric, and purify my own. Should have payback...
36
36

Melamine pull out drawers advice needed
Am building a bunch of white melamine pull outs. The front of the box will be melamine (no wood face) I want to size the front so it overhangs 1/2" on each side to hide the slides also won't show any...
2
2

making a table?
Hi there, this is my first post (and first wood working project!). I'd like to build a table. For simplicities sake, we'll say it's a coffee table, dimensions 2 x 8. My plan is to use some sort of...
28
28

Granite and what you don't know.
I have spent some time writing specs for an architectural firm in regards to countertops. I specialize in solid surface products, such as Corian, Staron, Meganite, Gibraltar and such. More and more do...
24
24

bandsaw questions
I have grizzly 14" "ultimate" bandsaw. I bought it new a few years ago. It has serviced me well, however, lately I have a hard time keeping the thing tracking well. It seems I can only go a few cuts...
3
3

The Ultimate Duck?
It does a gret job of expressing the inner me. JOAT "I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."
4
4

Sometimes you just get lucky
Apparently, this morning one of the sprinklers in the front yard catastrophically exploded, sending a torrent of water at just the right angle to flood my shop. When I walked in this afternoon, the...
15
15

Router planing the edge of a long board
I never considered it until hearing people talk about it on this newsgroup. I tried it. Wow, does it work well. Nice straight, sharp edges. Thanks, woodworkers. S.

Sealing Pine Knots
I've been using shellac to seal pine knots and I've been happy with the results in that the knot doesn't bleed through. The problem I have is that I usually end up painting the project with white...
35
35

Shuffleboard Table finished
It took longer than I expected, but I finally finish my shuffleboard table. (Pictures are posted at ABPW.) It is 14' overall with a 12'6" playing surface. The table is made from Maple and Walnut, both...
1
1