Subject Author Posted Replies

Help with son's science fair project (airfoil designs)
The son wants to comparative study of airfoil designs as a science fair project and he (and I) need a little help. His plan is to make blades out of balsa, put them on a small remote controlled helo...
34
34

All right! Snagged FWW 1.1 at flea market, $1
Actually got the first 25 issues for $1 ea. That qualifies as a minor gloat. H
2
2

Cold glue joints
Are PVA (TiteBond II or III) glue joints which are left to cure in cool-ish temps (50 degrees F or so) less strong than joints dried at higher temps - or does it just take longer for the glue to set...
12
12

RouterRaizer
I've owned the RouterRaizer for a number of years - installed in my Bosch 1619 flipped in a table. Used daily - very, very happy with the setup. Couldn't imagine a better setup given all the...
5
5

production run gone wrong
Had to cut the tenons on the aprons for a set of tables I am making... Carefully checked the height of my blade then lowered a touch for the test cut. Made the first cuts then flipped over and as...
20
20

PM 66 adjustment help resolution
Thanks to all who answered, and especially JeffB. The manual he referenced was two years newer than mine (which I did try to use) and much more clearly showed the adjustment locations. Mine said...
2
2

how to trim out stairs?
My client installed his own stairs, using oak treads and painted pine risers. He wants me to put 1x12 trim along each side, with a piece of trim at the top edge, perhaps some chair rail. He's already...
6
6

Lumber
Any one know where I can get wide pine boards about 16 inches and at least 10 feet long?
5
5

wiring design
I'm trying to put together a wiring design for the new shop. I already have a separate circuit dedicated to lighting. I'm trying to decide what to do about the circuits to run the tools. I figure on...
13
13

Re: OT:Humour/Fresno craigslist
Actually - he sent you to the right department. Space heaters should be in the Garden dept (same as Grills), or possibly in Electrical, but displayed in the Garden aisle. Two different shelf...
5
5

Looking for advice for purchasing a wood lathe and tools
Hello all ... I am new to this group(s) but have been woodworking for over 30 years and am seeking advice about purchasing a new wood lathe I used to work with old single speed ... stationary head ......
31
31

OT: Humour
This guy walks into Home Depot and asks for a 3mm and 5 mm drill bit. The 'sales associate' asks what the job entails. The guy says: I want to drill a 8 mm hole, and if I start with a 3mm bit, then...
23
23

Real Wood Keyboard and Optical Mouse Set (USB)
Real Wood Keyboard and Optical Mouse Set (USB)
4
4

Freud Router Clearance at Lowes
Not sure if anyone else will be able to find this, however my local Lowes had the Freud 2 1/4 HP router table router on clearance (FT1700VCEK). It was marked at $126 ish but rang up at $96.
1
1

PM 66 adjustment help
After moving, I find the 90 degree tilt blade position is off (~ 89 deg) with the blade in the stops. The manual refers to all screws and bolts as screws and bolts, with no clue as to what their...
20
20