Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? CCV
Tell the truth, Rob. You've really been designing Klingon switchblades...
24
24

Carving vise
I saw a pic of a carving vise that was handmade and was able to handle an adult size block. It stood with a tilt back and the carver made it where he could put it into the horizontal position to...
3
3

OT - Wiring Question
Remodeling basement due to minor flood last year and just got all the insulation and wall framing up and adding some wiring while everything is open. I want to add an outlet near the new stairs I just...
7
7

New feature on the web site
Hi Folks, I call it the "Artisan Gallery". This new section of my web site showcases the woodworking of TS-Aligner owners. Please contact me if you are interested in showing photos of your projects in...

OT: RIP - another music legend hangs up the ole gittar ...
I can remember "The wild side of life" and Kitty Wells doing the answer in "God didn't make honky tonk angels". Just great and caused a bit of a sensation in South Dakota (and other towns in the...
12
12

Yo - Swingman (plan request)
I'd like to take you up on your offer and would appreciate it if you would email me a zip file of your detailed kitchen plans (from your website). Send to renata0403 at gmail . com Danke Renata
2
2

Name of Joiners used with MDF
Hi Group, I wish to build myself a tv stand using MDF. I would like to know the name of the joiner that I see in my pieces I see for display in the retail shops. When joining a corner the joiner has...
7
7

No-sag shelf solution?
I am building a sofa table out of 3/4" walnut using mortise and tenon construction for the back and side aprons. The stretchers connecting the legs on the left and right sides (front to back) lower...
7
7

stain on generic "white wood" - shellac?
Brought some dirt cheap wood from Lowe's, not even tagged as to what it was, for a garage project.Exiting pieces are ash, this has same type of grain but softer. Used sanding prep liquid, let it sit,...
1
1

Closet Hangers & Melamine
We used some melamine for the inside walls of a walk in closet. Now I need to put rod hangers up and am wondering if need to manage the the mounting of these in any special way because we use...
5
5

You *can* sharpen drill bits by hand
Had to drill out a steel rivet and all of my little bits were as sharp as bowling balls. Go buy some junk bits at the Borg?, nah, let me try to sharpen one first. Started at the lip and ground by...
20
20

Removable folding cabinet doors
One of my previous questions entailed the use of bifold pocket doors for the entertainment unit I'm modifying for a 46" LCD TV I've bought. I've decided to go a different route and forgo the pocket...
1
1

Finishing Sanders
Utterly
45
45

ADT router bits
Anyone familiar with the ADT brand router bits and willing to shed some light on their reliability? Thank you
19
19

OT - A Woman at the Hardware Store
Harry was repairing a door and found that he needed a new hinge, so he sent his wife Mary to the hardware store. At the hardware store, while waiting for Carl, the manager, to finish waiting on a...