Subject Author Posted Replies

checks in wood
I know that sometimes boards get checks from uneven drying on the ends of a board. If cracks develop parallel to the grain, not on the end but further up in the turning, is this still called a check...

To build or to buy, router tabletop
I have been debating on whether to make one or buy a router table top. I was thinking of 3/4" MDF with Formica all around, what size I don't know yet. It will be on a sturdy base so I'm not worried...
40
40

Wood identification
A neighbor picked up a bunch of "scrap" which had been used as spacers between drill pipe. They are all 8 footers, 2 by 4, and on planing one off they are actually quite nice. The wood is very heavy -...
8
8

Special Offer : Indonesia Rattan & Teak Furniture
Dear Sir/Madam, Through a reliable source, we learned that you are looking new suppliers for your good company. Backed by our craftmanship, experience and innovative design with natural elements and...

Ebony - Gluing and Bending - HELP
I have a project that involves gluing ebony to maple. What glue should I use?? Any tips? I need to bend 1/4 inch thick ebony to about a 30 inch radius. How well does ebony bend? Should I steam it??...
6
6

I confess...I may suck a little (gloat)
I wonder if she'll let me stack it strategically on a set of sawhorses first...then get under it.
13
13

seek adhesive function similar to 3M VHB tape
We are setting up production to glue part of the loud speaker plastic frame together. We like to glue adhesive function like 3M's VHB tape? We need to apply this adhesive evenly at pre-determined...
2
2

REVIEW - Westford Chainsaw Mill - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, Just finished a review of the Westford Chainsaw. You can read the full review online now at: it helps! http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/Hope http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/Hope
1
1

Concentric curves.
Well, I would lay it out in AutoCAD. Which would take about 1 minute. Now, assuming you wanted it out of solid wood, I would glue up 6 or 8 pieces with angled end cuts and splines to strengthen the...
5
5

Great Furniture Plans!
Easy to build elegant furniture and fine crafts for home and office from PVC Pipe. These designs and plans are world class. Check em out: See related links to what you are looking for.
10
10

Pros/Cons of brad-point and twist drill bits
I have sorted through my drill bits and wondered about the differences between brad and twist drill bits. I mostly drill holes in wood, much less so in metal or plastics. Are both HSS? Are all bits...
2
2

Slotted Dovetails
This is the first time I've done slotted dovetails and I'm pretty pleased with the result: http://blogdayafternoon.com/images/stories/1107/drawer.jpgCheers...
7
7

Kitchen counter opinion
My kitchen remodel includes the removal of a drop in oven/range and replacing with a slide in. Current opening is 29-5/16", I need 30" for the new unit. Checking the relationship of the counter/hood...
14
14

Wood Expansion
I am making a vanity for my bathroom and the center of it has 2 doors. I was just wondering how much space I need to leave between the doors for expansion so that they will close properly? Also, I...
11
11

Woodsmith Magazine
Does anyone here have issue #67? It contains plans for a high chair that based on the description, sounds like what I'm looking for but I can't see a picture of the plans. I'm looking for something...
2
2