Subject Author Posted Replies

Yankee spiral push screwdriver
I am looking for a very good quality, smooth action "Yankee" style spiral push screwdriver. I want it to be about 9 to 11 inches long fully extended and able to store the bits in the handle. I have...
10
10

How do I cut the slot in a zero clearance insert?
Years ago I made a zero clearance insert and it's been useful ever since. Today I find I need one for the blade at a slight angle and the other one won't work. I was going to use the metal one that...
16
16

Screw It
I'd planned on leaving this link open, and adding new links as I found them. It's a PITA to keep it up, I've got other things to spend my time on, and you people "should" be able to find links for...
6
6

Spindle Sanders
I want to buy a spindle sander and have look at alot of them. Jet, Delta,Rigid. Which one do you have and why. Thanks
11
11

MEG Pro-Bore Jig / Festool Hole Boring.
I have tried several jigs for drilling holes. The best I have used so far is the Lee Valley Jig. But while it is OK you can easily end with parallax errors, in addition I would like to use my router...
3
3

Beware the current "Woodworking Shows"
I just returned from this year's show in San Mateo, CA and am completely disappointed. I've gone to this show for many years and always looked forward to a wide range of demonstrations and interesting...
17
17

Methods for acheiving RCH accuracy in joinery?
I know this is a basic question, but I'm hoping I'll read some alternatives I hadn't considered. I need to make a T, which is a simple butt joint against the 'centre' of another piece of wood. the...
28
28

Re: Piano Wire Dragon Fly
crossposting to rec.woodworking so that this URL, at least, *will* get archived. Nice work, Charlie. The lacewood veneer is an especially clever touch....
3
3

Finishing the finish. How long until cured?
I'm pleased with the results I am getting from Liberon Finishing Oil. Works better for me than Waterlox or General Finishes wipe on stuff. So I've applied sufficient coats to a table top and can see...
2
2

OT--If truth in advertising applied to tools.
a.. DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the room, splattering it...
6
6

Top coat for outdoor stain??
I made a gothic bench from douglas fir and stained it. Assembly will be made with wedged through tenons and tusked through tenons. I want to use it outside on our deck and realize from other projects...
9
9

Re: The Benefits of Plantation Shutters
Thu, Nov 8, 2007, 10:06pm (EST-3) (bugnuk) doth sayeth: Plantation shutters can add a unique look to any home. However, they would only be plantation shutters if you actually had a plantation. JOAT...

Need bay window seat ideas? Photos?
Take a look at Anderson and or Pella windows web site.
4
4

Impressive hammer skills...
No, you better keep your hard hat *on* when you are working around this guy.
5
5

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 161 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...