Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Geothermal Heat issue...?
Howdy, This is way OT...(again), but: We heat and cool our home geothermally (water to air system.) We would, of course, like to decrease our costs further if we can, and so have explored the benefits...
87
87

HF Trim Router - Stay Away
We've all taken our turn at bashing Harbor Freight tools, however I believe there are times when what they supply is adequate for some tasks. I have been looking to acquire a trim router to do some...
15
15

Need Advice re Fein MultiMaster
Hello -- I want to buy my husband a Fein MultiMaster. I'm not sure which to get -- the FMM-250 or the MSXE-636. Is there a big difference? Which one has the most comprehensive starter kit? I don't...
7
7

straighten a wood block
hello, I have cut 200 maple wooden blocks (2x1x4) inches I want to glue them together and make a cutting board. The wood came 6 feet long and 1x2 inches. I used a band saw to cut the smaller pieces....
12
12

Low-Angle Jointer Plane?
Veritas' jointer plane is low angle, whereas the Lie-Nielsen is not. Can someone tell me which one is better under which circumstances? I'd like to buy the Veritas because it is cheaper, but I don't...
4
4

HF router lift hack
I managed to hack a Harbor Freight plunge router to be a self- contained router lift, adjustable with an allen wrench from the top surface. Total cost (including cheap HF router on sale) under $100....
4
4

Why?
A great example of "different strokes for different folks" http://furnishingsontheweb.com/NoFrame/Items/169337nf.html
9
9

scraping between finish coats
I'm putting the finish on some Maple tables and tried something new that is working well. The tables were stained with water-based stain then I started putting the Varnish on. I thinned the Varnish...
3
3

Anyone work with Cypress?
I just made two outdoor chairs using cypress. I love the unfinished look. I'm told that it will weather ok without finishing the wood. Is this correct, or will it start warping and splitting in the...
3
3

Very Important Web Sites on the .Net
Hi all. =DDs your web site Very Important. =DDf your anwers is yes then You must see =DDt is Very Important Web Sites on the .Net News - django learning

Stanley # 5 crack repair
I have recently been refurbishing several of my father and grandfather's planes. So far I have resurrected a Miller's Falls #14 ( 1950+) which was really in good condition. Also a Sandusky Tool Works...
14
14

One more use for your nail gun
Add this one to your list of many uses for your nail gun: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/5299326.html
4
4

My new kitchen knife holder
I have a concept for a much nicer knife block, but it will take me ages to start making it, and until recently all our knives were just sitting out on the counter acting as clutter. I wouldn't let...
3
3

Natural stone
condition_W0QQitemZ300174149077QQihZ020QQcategoryZ13871QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem No real way to tell by looking at it. I've got a set of Washita, soft Arkansas, and Hard Arkansas that all...
2
2

where might I find BS replacement bearing
Mind the sparks with punky wood. CERAMIC GUIDE BLOCKS AND BEARINGS IMPROVE BAND SAW PERFORMANCE GUIDE BLOCKS COOL BLOCKS
10
10