Subject Author Posted Replies

CIRCLE-CUTTING JIG
Not exactly the way I'd do it, but on the other hand, I wouldn't need a circle that large. This's probably been posted before. Got an idea for a routing jig, and just checking to see if there's...

SCMS prferences
Does it matter if the rails on a SCMS are up-down or side-by-side? If you are not doing framing do you need bigger than an 8" saw? Is double-bevel an important feature or is single-bevel enough?
12
12

China Ply
There has been some discussion about china plywood as opposed to the plywood made in Canada and the U.S. here lately. I had my first experience with it today. As you know most of my items are small,...
25
25

Holiday Best Wishes From An Old 'Wreckster'
Haven't been on the Wreck for some time now and, it's good to see some of the old names. I would like to wish the Very Best of the Season to all especially. Keith 'El Guapo' Dave Sobel Charlie Self...
16
16

Re: OT: Modern Man
I've started a series of turnings representing cliches. Your post is a gold mine of ideas. Leave it to Carlin. thanks!
15
15

O/T: Bill Willis
Bill Willis, another of my childhood heroes is gone. From the time they were formed in 1946, until 1955, the Cleveland Browns simply beat everybody they played. A big reason was Bill Willis, middle...

Re: share your feelings with me......
Sure. F--- off.

Surplus Machinery Wanted
Machinery Wanted Mills Lathes Shears Brakes, Saws

Wood Model Airplanes
Hi everyone, just an update to my recent post regarding this site - already purchased 2 models and was amazed by the great art work. I was wondering how they make this products. It really looks like...
1
1

Inlay Router Kit
On sale at Rockler's, I thought I'd try it. I'll be darned, but it actually works really well. S.
5
5

Tablesaw Wings - Cast Iron or Steel?
I was looking at tablesaws this afternoon, and saw that some have steel wings and others have cast iron wings. Cast iron wings usually increase the cost of the saw considerably, but I'm curious what...
15
15

Source for Cherry Plywood
I've made carcases for cherry cabinets out of birch plywood on the (foolish, as it turns out) assumption that I could face the sides of outside cabs later with 1/8" cherry plywood. Turns out, Rockler...
15
15

Re: Modern Man
J. Clarke laid this down on his screen : (great lines snipped) Nah, George is a bright boy - he knows words well. Ms M doesn't even know what 'irony' is. She wrote a whole song purporting to give...

Dining room table -
I've just ordered some 6/4 walnut from Steve Wall in the hopes of embarking on my most challenging project to date. Then again - the challenge may be one more of understanding than anything. My...
6
6

Tersa knives
Can anyone tell me whether tersa knives are used extensively in Australia? If so can anyone tell me a supplier there? Many thanks. Mark
1
1