Subject Author Posted Replies

ROUTER DADO JIG
do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso http://www.newwoodworker.com/rtrdadojig.htmlJOAT
14

Happy Holidays Card
Just giving my Mac a bit of a workout as I am under lift restriction after a hernia op. Just playing..I'll be getting to the more serious stuff in the next couple of days. This new office Mac is 77...
11
11

HINTS AND TIPS
How to make mobile bases, studded knobs, and more. JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso http://www.newcastletriton.asn.au/hints__tips5.htm
17
17

JOB SITE MITER SAW STANDS
Seems like some good info for you guys that work, so just linked to the whole page. I'm agout ready to start modifying my mitre saw, to rais the deck a bit, to le me make wader cuts, and decided to...

8/4 Cost Per Boardfoot Versus 4/4 Cost?
Would someone explain to me why 8/4 cost per boardfoot is almost twice the cost of 4/4 per boardfoot? I don't under stand how 4/4 oak is around $3.30 a boardfoot and an 8/4 is close to $7.00 a...
36
36

sparks from router blade
I was just rounding the edges of end grain on a project, when I saw a few sparks coming off of the router blade. The wood is a tropical wood like teak. I had sanded the edge before I started...
9
9

INSPIRED - Chess Pieces Routing Jig
I was very happy with the results of testing my two new router jigs. Since I first got the ideqa for them have been trying to figure out how to make a jig so I can rout out the figure part of t he...
2
2

epoxy??Repair
I have a couple of dining room chairs that could use a bit (?) of repair. They are held together at the joints with dowels and I was considering replacing the dowels ( sorry no Domino). Problem is...
5
5

Warped Bent Twisted Wood
I have a bunch of plywood, and different sheets of wood that has been lying on it's side. The wood has all warped. Is it possible to bend it back straight again. Possible with water.
2
2

finish problem
Uh ohhhhh..... You will get a lot of opinions here, so here's mine. You have some contamination that has worked its way under your poly that isn't compatible. You may have loosened up or dissolved...
13
13

Newbie question about purchasing a Dremel for tinkering
Hello all, my first post here so be gentle.. :) I wanted to start a calm , relaxing and creative hobby... I am currently a systems administrator have have been working to long in this genre, but its...
7
7

Small Bandsaw
I currently own a 14" bandsaw that works great, but is tedious to change the blade on. I've been toying with the idea of getting a second and smaller saw. I'd use the 14" with 1/2" 3TPI blade and then...
20
20

Cutting a straight line on a scroll saw?
I have a Delta 16" scroll saw that I would like to use to cut some small pieces of stock with. The stock is 1/2" x 3" x 8" The table is completely round and there are no guides that I can find for...
21
21

ping JoeAutoDrill and other Jersey dorkers - Rockler in NJ?
Ray - thanks for posting this. I live 200 yards from Joe's company in Millington, so Force is 20-25 minutes away. Now that they are carrying Rockler stuff, it makes it worth the trip to nose around....
4
4

Best finish for maple desk
I made a desk from solid hard maple (no plywood). What finish is best for it? So far I only worked with oil stains and boiled linseed oil on white oak. I prefer not light finishes that would withstand...
4
4