Subject Author Posted Replies

Delta Bandsaw problems?
I am having problems with my 28-203 band saw. It has worked fine for years and now it will not cut a straight square line. Everything appears to be square. I have adjusted the guides. The blade seems...
9
9

Homasote building (2023 Update)
Many years ago I observed a friend making bolt-together building panels in his workshop using a wood frame and homasote. All of the panels were made in his workshop, including the roof panels. This...
12
12

Anyone Here dUsing One Of These?
I'm supposed to be getting a 20X24 garage up, that would be sed for some woodworking also - mainly boatbuilding dI hope. However life is biting me in the ass on that for now, and no money isn't the...
32
32

Decent cordless circular saw
I am wanting a recomendation on selecting a decent circular saw for my son. He has a good corded unit but thinks a cordless would work well for him. It should be capable of crosscutting a treated 2x6...
37
37

Brazilian Cherry question
I just made a chessboard out of Br. Cherry and birch. What would be a nice finish? When I wet the cherry, it looks beautiful. How can I keep that look? Linseed oil? Danish Oil? Thanks. Jeff
11
11

O.T. Retirement warning
This is the terrible story as related to me, of someone who could have lived longer, but through misfortune, died suddenly in the prime of his life ... --------------------- ADVICE FROM A RETIRED...

To replace vanity top
Hi, I have purchased an antique dining server which I would like to use as a bathroom vanity. And I would actually like to tile the top. The existing top is not appropriate for tiling because in has...
5
5

Constructing wooden gears
My uncle wants to make some wooden gears as used before the days of metal. I haven't had any luck googling and I gave it a hard try. The project includes powering the gear train with a hit and miss...
4
4

drying wood
I have a few hundred feet of 1.5" thick white oak planks, stickered and stacked up off the ground where no rain can reach it. The outdoor temperature is ranging from 30 to 60 degrees. Currently, the...
2
2

How to round over edges?
Hello, I'm in the process of making the following project and would like some advice on how to go about rounding over some of the edges of the pieces. word wrap causes a problem, the project can be...
6
6

Mounted Power Feeder on Jointer (w/pics)
Hello Everyone, After a three month wait, my jointer power feeder made its overseas journey successfully, arriving at work a couple of weeks ago. Work on the house has held up its installation until...
1
1

True Veneer Management
The Select Veneer and Plywood company has the unique ability to provide full Veneer Management of a large project. They can supply Veneer, faces, or plywood, and they are FSC cert. and LEED approved....

FSC Cherry Veneer AA
Select Veneer Has over 100K sf in stock of true AA FSC veneer ready for lay up on the LEED core of your choice!

Select Cherry Veneer
THERE IS ONE PLACE YOU NEED TO GO! guys will take care of any veneer or plywood needs! http://base.google.com/base/a/2946437/D4745578181407770746These
3
3

Barber pole look solution
The solution to the barber pole look of any sliced veneer is to slip match your veneer face. This keeps all the cell structure going the same way. For more info please check out the followiing link:...
2
2