Subject Author Posted Replies

Best Glue for Teak in Marine Application
I don't work in teak and have not done any marine woodworking in the past 15 years. We are building a new anchor pulpit out of 8/4 teak (done in a lamination of 1 and 2" strips with dowels). Do we...
10
10

ANTIQUE AUTO - PDF
do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso http://countryplans.com/vintage_farm//kids/ScaleTouringCar.pdfJOATI

How to carve out a slot?
Hi, Suppose I want to embed 12x12 square tiles in an existing solid top table by carving out shallow niches for them. What's a good way of doing that? I'm terrible with a chisel, by the way. I figure...
3
3

I Got Tools
It's tommorow here now, so my birthday is over now. It's official, on the 16th I officially became well on my way to middle-age. I am now 67. Damn, feel like I should be in my 20s. And my joints tell...
39
39

Ultimate Geeks Multi Tool Hammer
It's cordless too. JOAT I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do them. - Picasso http://nexus404.com/Blog/2007/04/15/clever-multi-tool-hammer/
6
6

Shelving strength
Got a "non-typical" shelving question, I think. Want to build pantry shelves with some maple I got from a local manufacturer. The maple pieces are roughly 4 - 5 feet long and about 3 - 4 inches in...
7
7

Any idea what this is?
Claims to be a small wood plane. Any ideas? As usual, join lines. Yesterday's Tractors - For Sale / Tractor Photo Ads Yesterday's Tractors - For Sale / Tractor Photo Ads
4
4

WE BUY AND SELL MACHINERY
Call 321-514-7518 0r send email to
1
1

OT: Dan Fogelberg.
He was only 56.....*shaking my head in disbelief* Loved your stuff, Song Man....
2
2

need info on a dovetail jig..
SWMBO asked me to use all those tools in the shop to make her something. She has a inkling for a chest for the foot of the bed. I told her I would need a dovetail jig for that, and she said go find...
14
14

Bosch Trim Routers
I purchased a Bosch Trim Router PR20EVSK-RT as a reconditioned unit. It is either a lemon or Bosch has missed the mark in the design and manufacturing of this tool. The circuit board has failed twice...

Bandsaw Help!
I'm having trouble adjusting my bandsaw was cutting fine yesterday, I was resawing some old pine with no problems. Then later I noticed the wood being pulled away from the fence as I sawed. I tried...
5
5

Finger Joints
I there an easy way to set the bit and router to get matching joints? I use the trail and error method and it is a pain? Any help is appreciated. al deady
2
2

Veritas Limited Edition Planes - Good investment!!!
I just saw on eBay that a stainless steel edge trimming plane went for $271.66. I think those went for $199 new, so that's 35% in a couple of months. JP
4
4

OT: Just a lill' dustin', eh?
We caught just a whiff of that Mofo that slipped underneath us. I get it...it must be close to Christmas. )..starting to look a lot like...... Ho ho ho ho..........ho-frickin'-ho..... But, as I am...
28
28