Subject Author Posted Replies

Level as straight edge
I need a good 6 - 8 foot straight edge for making cuts and especially for planing the edge of long boards with a router. I'm thinking of getting a sheet of 3/4 MDF, cutting a 4 inch strip and painting...
16
16

White spirits?
Does this translate to mineral spirits in American language? ROY!
4
4

Help For Colorblind
I was looking up something and this software came up. It apparently helps those who are colorblind. I don't know anything about it. I am going to send it to a couple clients. I think it may help them....
1
1

Drilling end grain of long 2x4
I'm trying to drill a 1/4" hole 2" deep into the end grain of a 2x4. I could see using a drill press, except that the board is over 100 inches long, and there's no way to get a drill press over top of...
12
12

My Router Table
When I wrote about the last time I redid my router table, someone wanted pictures. I finally got around to taking a camera out in the shop. Yeah, I know, not the greatest pictures, so live with it. If...

Ping: Woodstuff
If Brandom11's 3 phase motor isn't convenient or available, I have one that I may be willing to give you. I have been unable to remove it from the saw, it's stuck well, but I'm working on it. I bought...
1
1

Wheat board
Has anyone had any experience with wheat board as an alternative for various kinds of composition board products? Comments? Who sells it? Tim Ellestad
5
5

OT - Dead Terrorist Heaven
Awesome
1
1

Sawdust & Soap Jugs
I use liquid soap for clothes washing, and hate to just discard the jubs. I mean, something that neat, and obviously useful for something, just hard to figure out what. Do keep one or two in the...
5
5

Panel Saw Experiences?
RE: Subject SFWIW, have had very good luck with an 18VDC DeWalt unit. Not having to screw around with a power cord in a panel saw application is a BIG plus IMHO. YMMV. BTW, not stuck with DeWalt, but...
42
42

Gorilla Ladder (Little Giant Clone) at Home Despot 129 review
I needed to reach something a few days ago and found that my 6 ft stepladder wasn't quite long enough but there wasn't room enough to fit one of the segments of my extension ladder. Now, I'm sure I...
8
8

Dovetail
Hi gang, Looking for some help, I am making a cedar lined oak hope chest for my grand daughter, she will graduate in 2008, and have a plan for chest with three drawers, and plan to use dovetail...
9
9

HERMAN
memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory is not as sharp as it used to be. http://www.reynlow.com/herman2006097230402.jpgJOATMy
4
4

Re: O/T: Snow
Sounds like you stopped too soon Lew

Question about finishing particle board (and one about formaldehyde)
Okay, so in the office that I work in, there are a couple tables that have a table top that looks like particle board with a clear finish on it. I like how it looks, and am planning on building an...
5
5