Subject Author Posted Replies

Game patterns
Can anyone tell me a good source for making the old style simple wooden games? I'm looking for something that can be made out of all the scrap wood lying around. Lou
11
11

Norm's router table
I've got Norm's table almost done and am wondering about an alternate (to plastic laminate) surface. Anybody have any thoughts on the pros and cons of an alternative surface?
14
14

Home Depot Shop Lights
Hey Guys: Don't know if anyone is outfitting their garage or shop with lights or not, but here's a little something worth passing along. I needed to replace 4 of my 0 degree shop lights yesterday and...
36
36

Found A Use For Pill Bottles
I've been accumulating pill bottles over time, and they're a neat item, too neat to just toss, but couldn't figure out what to use them for. Too small to use for screws, etc. So just been stashing...
15
15

Oil Finishing Recipes?
I'm getting near completion of a Huntboard Table and thinking of using an oil finish like Boil Lin Seed Oil (BLO), Danish Oil, or some recipe thereof. I found a recipe using BLO and SPAR varnish. The...
21
21

Maple Workbench top planing problem
I have done it many times with a #8.
18
18

Popsicle Sticks
Went out to the shop today to work on some of the final parts to my miter sw setup. Found an important part will need to be shimmed, or do a lot more work to make another piece than it's worth. Then...

Follow up to GRANITE AND WHAT YOU Don't know.
We had a GRANITE discussion, in here, a while back and I just received a very informative email. I thought I'd share that with you guys. to me show details Dec 28 (2 days ago) Reply Interesting to...
10
10

Design Resources
I'm looking for help with the design details of a cabinet to hold a TV. The style will follow on from the kitchen, same material (maple) and beaded face frames with inset doors, etc, however I want to...
1
1

Resources for design style
I'm looking for help with the design details of a cabinet to hold a TV. The style will follow on from the kitchen, same material (maple) and beaded face frames with inset doors, etc, however I want to...
1
1

Question(s) about Waterlox finish
Picked up Waterlox satin finsh at Woodcraft. Using it on Mahogany. They said to make a slurry by sanding the wood with 220 sandpaper, it would fill the pores for a smoother finish. Is 220 fine enough?...
2
2

Woodworking newsletter editors out there?
Just accepted a post as our club's newsletter editor. I've done others before and know the problem in getting any kind of content to fill the pages. I would like our newsletter to be informative and...
1
1

Some low-rez images.
Nice detail - even modded. Looks like Maine. As for the cottage view, you suck. Greg G.
13
13

Kitchen countertop project -- installation complete
Gotta be careful with some of these threads, blink and they're gone. ;-) Thanks Not sure what you are asking. The trim is glued to the base material. The peninsula laminate laps the trim by about 1/4"...
29
29

Makita LS1013FL reconditioned from Tyler Tool
Anyone order this ? It's $379 with $6.95 shipping. Thought that was a pretty sweet deal for this saw. I've never ordered from Tyler before, but online feedback seems to be pretty good. Was hoping...
4
4