Subject Author Posted Replies

Old-fashioned manual shop press source?
I'm looking to buy a simple, screw style home shop press for a craft project. What I'm looking for looked sort of like a large (end?) vise with a press screw mounted to a bottom plate with steel rods...
7
7

Best Wishes for the New Year
I just wanted to wish everybody here the best for the New Year. The past year has been difficult for me healthwise and as I'm about to leave it, I do so with the knowledge that my health is...
10
10

insulated paint storage
Have had great answers in past..let's see on this one. Want to take one section of garage shelving (2x4 with brackets to hold cross pieces, 3/4" MDF for shelves, 24" front to back, 6' in length) and...
6
6

Un-warping plywood technique?
I cut a piece of 3/4" birch plywood about 10"x60". It will be the side of a book case. If I lay it on a flat surface it has a slight hump in the middle of about 3/16". Has anyone ever tried to undo...
2
2

Incra miter gauge
Was out in Pittsburgh this weekend so took advantage of the chance to visit Rockler. Nice store with plenty of helpful guys. I almost bought this Incra miter gauge for $49 (on sale). on closer...
10
10

O/T: Food For New Years
Tradition has it you eat cabbage on New Years Day. Those of you who are Kosher will have to modify, sorry about that. Cabbage and Spuds 1 Lb, Smoked sausage, cut into 1/2" pieces 1 Hd, Cabbage,...
19
19

bumper pool table plans
Looking for a pointer to bumper pool table (rectangular) plans. TIA
7
7

Quartz and all it needs.
Suuuure. Throwing 300 - 500 pound slabs of this stuff seems easy. THEN it is time to make a seam. You need one of these. 'm kinda tickled I bought one. I wish Leonard and Robin Lee would find the time...
12
12

A portable rack for air nailers.
I built this as a 'form-follows-function' device. I am very happy with the results. Easy to build.
30
30

Festool's growth
Even our friends at Festool take a breather and come back and do it right: new version is sooo much better balanced. It took a while to get used to it. Yup.. it's a drive-by...LOLOLOLOL
13
13

The wonder of tools
Hi I have been wanting to share a personal story which ends with a question to see what kind of replies folks have. The story starts like this: A few years ago I took up an interest in old time banjo....
10
10

plastic shelf support boring jig
Just saw Norm using a plastic shelf support boring jig with a self centering drill bit. He used it to make adjustable shelves. Anyone know where I can get one or something similar?
7
7

Re: Is looking for a partner age? Just now and writespecifications.
Be sure you get a picture of the boat first. It avoids disappointment later. Art

Xmas in the shop - kinda OT
I got the new Lee Valley hold down clamp and their new apron, but the gift that turned out to be special was not meant to be a shop present. My daughter gave me the 5 cd album from Arhoolie Records,...
9
9

Idea on how to fix a spinning Tee Nut
Hello all. I hope someone here can help me out. I have a chair that has a metal bar across the back. 2 bolts go thru that bar in the back of the chair into Tee nuts in side the chair. Due to some...
5
5