Subject Author Posted Replies

Pinging anyone with a shop
I can use photos and descriptions of shops for a book I'm working on. I'll be glad to drive to some, in NC, VA, eastern TN, maybe a couple more, but I'd like to see shots from other areas, too. No...
39
39

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 162 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...

Gum Wood Questions
I just found out I may have a chance to get some free gum wood. Firewood. So I take it that it's probably no longer than 18", possible less, and not split. Small pieces, for small projects. Probably...
2
2

Custom Molding - Seattle Eastside
A friend of mine needs to match a crown molding in their dining room. They say that they have tried everywhere to find a match without any luck. I don't have my molding machine any longer, so I am...

Start the year with some woodworking laughs
Going through my bookmarks I came upon Luigi's A Treasury of rec.woodworking Humour (hoomer, Keith). Figured some of the newer folks here could see some of the stuff they missed of course...

How To Carve Chess Pieces
I did not peruse this well, mainly because i'm not interested in carving chess pieces. But checked enough that I'd think it could help anyone who IS interested in carving chess pieces. JOAT If you can...
4
4

PING - Charlie Self
Thought this might interest you. you can read this you're in range. Official site of The Bradford Exchange! Shop for collectibles, NFL gifts, Thomas Kinkade merchandise, exclusive jewelry and...
1
1

INSPIRATION - Champage Chairs
Hey, it's a slow evening. Let's see you do better. JOAT If you can read this you're in range. http://www.funforever.net/wp-content/cha_911.jpg http://www.funforever.net/wp-content/cha_725.jpg
1
1

Air hose length.
For Christmas my son got me a small retractable air hose reel. 30' Craftsman model. So I am looking to hook it up, at the same time I am looking to plumb the garage which is 80 feet from the...
18
18

How to select Shaker museums
I inadvertently posted this to apbw, when I meant to post here. ------------------ I am planning a trip to the US in the northern summer and would like to visit two or three Shaker museums. The...
22
22

DOMINO SET
Supposedly made from scrap wood. As far as I'm concerned 'scrap wood'' is any wood not large enough to use to make something, and it's tosse. What I have is wood, and smaller pieces of wood. You don't...
3
3

Need help choosing a circular saw.
Got this set up over the holidays from Lee Valley My circular saw is an older Mid 90's Crasftsman industrial model, It really dosen't fit the guide plate. Does anybody have any input for a new saw...
4
4

opinions of Makita belt sander
First off, I've been getting by for quite a while without a belt sander, so I don't have any practical experience owning a belt sander to know what features I like or not. I was in HD today and...
16
16

Aviation Snips - Required tools for parents
Bingo. Which might be the problem.
20
20

Happy New Year