90 Degree Angle Braces - $$$$$$$!!

Page 6 of 6

That'll cover your material costs. What about labour, distribution, and marketing, staffing, and general business overhead?
Jay wrote:>Why in the world are these brackets so expensive? Can they possibly

They may have sold some at that price before? Ahhh, capitalism in action! Tom Work at your leisure!
On 08 Jan 2005 19:48:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comEDY (Tom) wrote:

not to me.

Yes, I suppose. But I think there is very little value offered for that price. Not when it would be so easy to make something like it from plywood. Which I have done. Or even angle iron. Which I have also used.
Okay, they will continue to sell them for that price. There are a lot of guys out there that maybe don't quite know what they are buying. Yup, they are the legitimate prey of honest capitalists like Lee Valley. Hey, I've ordered from Lee Valley in the past. They have some unique items you are not likley to find anywhere else.
Do those squares perform as advertised? Sure. Is anyone being ripped off? Nah. Are there better cheap alternatives? I'm sure.
Now, if I had a little brother who was ramping up a shop of his own, I would not advise him to spend much money on Lee Valley stuff. But y'all ain't my little brother.
Caveat Emptor (Did I spell that right?)
-Dan V.
Dan wrote:>Caveat Emptor (Did I spell that right?)
Perfectly! Tom Work at your leisure!

If you want 2 pair, they are about 20% cheaper at McFeelys: http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?subcat .5.1
I posted some pictures on ABPW of the brackets I made yesterday of the ones in this thread.........Brian

<http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?pageQ101&categoryQ&abspage=1&ccu rrency=2&SID=>