90 Degree Angle Braces - $$$$$$$!!

Page 4 of 6
No they are not...I put them up to a machine aquare and they are square....Brian

Brian in Hampton wrote:

By the way, are you the same Brian that gave more to tsunami relief than I make in a month, if I had a job?
UA100
Not me............

Brian In Hampton wrote:

Oh good 'cause he was an annoying little buggerer.
UA100
I sent you an email did ya get it??

Brian In Hampton wrote:

Yes I did and I will respond privately.
UA100
Errors are CUMULATIVE, so why not minimize the errors that you can, such as in the braces, straight edges, etc.
John
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:02:24 -0500, "Brian In Hampton"

Then why not make them accurate to 0.00002"? Answer...same reason.
I am SURE they could be produced to a 0.0002 tolerance, but the COST would probably be prohibitive. Balance between COST and the tolerance is why they are only done to 0.002 or whatever
The key is to MINIMIZE the error, as it is not really possible to eliminate all errors
John
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:04:31 -0500, Guess who

Ok - then let the .0002 errors compound. What do you end up with after a few measurements? .0006? .0010? .0090? Is it really meaningful at all? You'd have to accumulate a lot of errors before you ever hit a point where it impacted the project at hand.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

That's what I'm saying! Let me be a little more clear.... It's idiotic to expect such accuracy, or especially expect to need such accuracy when cutting wood.

Argh!!!! Sorry man - I mis read your intent. Thought you were saying the opposite.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Jay Pique wrote:

If you look at the photo in the January catalog, you can actually read the print on the brackets.
MADE IN USA JEVONS TOOL COMPANY PATENT PENDING Kansas City, KS
Not that that actually tells me anything, but it increases the odds that I'd buy some.
Slightly anyway. I'm actually getting on fine with a set of four corner clamps so far. They seem to be a very good solution to this particular problem, and they're already paid for.
Silvan wrote:

You could bypass Lee Valley and buy directly form the maker: http://www.jevonstoolco.com/_wsn/page3.html but you have to buy 4, for a slighly higher price. Joe

Not in the least. Like a lot of Lee Valley products, they are for Yuppieville wannabees. If a woodworker can't align his pieces at 90 degrees while clamping, he should find another hobby. If you wore everything they sell before going into your garden to grow a few spuds you'd look like a Martian immigrant. I've gone through magazine after magazine wondering who on Earth spends their money this way. Sure, there might be the odd item, but page after page of such rubbish just turns me away. They might suit the computerised micrometer clan though, who can't cut a piece of wood if it's not accurate to ten thou.

Anyone here a member of the clan?
Amen brother!!! I agree with you 110%. But you and I both know that 75% of the people that hang out here have their noses so far up LV's ass that, well probably enough said already. I'm the greatest, I bought all my stuff from Lee Valley! Bull shit!

So uh you have a chip on your shoulder for any particular reason?
Sun, Jan 9, 2005, 12:41am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@stuff.ca (LVBAH!!!) claims: Amen brother!!! I agree with you 110%. But you and I both know that 75% of the people that hang out here have their noses so far up LV's ass that, well probably enough said already. I'm the greatest, I bought all my stuff from Lee Valley! Bull shit!
Well, well. Glad to see your alt.test post went well, so you could post this drivel here. Too bad you don't have any credibility tho. By the way, I believe that bullshit is one word. And, I don't own anything from Lee Valley - but that's subject to change at any time, especially in view of your enlightening post..
JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED. - Death
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 21:16:56 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Which makes your opinion credible, of course?