Subject Author Posted Replies

I pulled the trigger 3 times (2023 Update)
I was inquiring a few weeks ago about router lifts and so on.... I have gone from a new lift to replacing everything. Hopefully a happy medium. My Bench Dog router cabinet/table is sagging. But then...
2
2

So um... about that cutting depth
Did you know that a carbide-tipped circular saw will cut off the seal coat from your Asphalt driveway and do so very effectively? It just won't be happy about it and will dull quite quickly. A...

Finishing a Shed
I've got a wooden shed with metal roof that I'd like to insulate and heat/cool to use for workshop space. There's no soffit installed so the shed is open to the outside. For a shed, that's nice. For a...

Chair Rung Swelling Product
I've got a couple of wooden chairs that the rungs on the bottom have worked their way loose on. I recall seeing some products in the usual places (Woodcraft, Lee Valley, Amazon, etc) that would swell...
3
3

rail/track saw options
I was looking at an entry level track saw or rail saw (not sure what is the best name) and I was eyeing the Evolution R185CCSX+ as it seems to be a interesting DIY option. The saw cost £90, the...
13
13

Recall Dewalt
Dewalt has a recall for 12" sliding miter saw. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled miter saws and contact DeWALT for details on how to receive a free repair kit or to take their saw...
1
1

OT: Subfloor adhesive
I'm screwing OSB subfloor to joists. What kind of adhesive do you recommend? Is generic construction adhesive advisable, or should I use something else? Thanks!
4
4

Ping Leon: Monocoat Application Pad?
What pad did you use for applying your Monocoat? I just had a long conversation with a guy from Special Hardwood Products and there's a bunch of confusion around pad types and colors. The 3M 4100...

Plug Cutter Options - What's Your Preference?
For those of you that cut your own plugs to hide screws, which style of plug cutter do you prefer, the fluted style or the kind with the round bottom blade? (both shown below)
8
8

Has anybody used one of these? (2023 Update)

Grizzly PRO T32540 Dual-Spindle Doweling Joiner

Produce super strong joints quickly and accurately every time.

Simply line up the T32540 Dual-Spindle Doweling Joiner on a...

9
9

Paint removel on a Hoosier.
after I removed paint, I'm left with a sticky goo. It smears. How do I get this off. Help and thanks.

2 Sources For Rubio Monocoat Finish - My Review
Leon has been touting the wonders of Monocoat finishes for interior work and I am about to try it on some outdoor furniture. I will be using their Hybrid Wood Protector product, which is part of their...
7
7

New Fangled Stuff
So we had the HVAC system replaced, it is a Carrier Infinity system wit a Heat pump and gas furnace. Trying to figure out controller is a bit frustrating at this point (yeah less than 24 hours in). I...
4
4

Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet
Hello -- Can anyone recommend a brand and model of soft-close drawer slider for relatively light duty in a bedside cabinet with two 8-inch high drawers? The drawers are probably heavier than what they...
45
45

Central Machinery planer model 95082
I am looking for a picture of the chain configuration on the side of the planer.
5
5