Subject Author Posted Replies

PATIO STORAGE BENCH
can't always judge by appearances, the early bird may have been up all night. http://www.sunset.com/sunset/home/article/0,20633,678009,00.htmlJOATYou

Taking a 1/4 slice out of a log?
Hiya Folks, Not quite fine woodworking here but I'm looking to build a couple of dressers for the cabin. I'm planning to build the carcasses and drawers pretty much like I would if it were fine...
15
15

Water-base Polyurethane
I am using water based polyurethane to refinish oak kitchen cabinets. This is the first time I have used water-based for anything. My preference has been for oil based. I decided to use the water...
4
4

OT: Physics 101
Draw something in the blank.. and watch physics do its thing. http://www.enigmasand.com/games/nphys/
7
7

Makita LS1013FL: first impressions
Thought I'd pass this on in case anyone was interested. Just got this as a refurb from Tyler tool. It was $379 with $7 shipping. I thought that was a pretty sweet deal. Showed up Friday and it looks...
1
1

ShopBot on a Mac?
Easy on a new Mac. 1) Buy Mac 2) By Parallels Desktop $ 79.00 3) Install XP or XP Pro Windoze. 4) Install whatever you want. Even software that looks for original CD/ DVD for serial numbers work..so...

Wood Model Aircrafts
I bought wood model aircrafts from this website year and was amazed by the result. Now I'm planning to purchase more, but I need your suggestions. If you know any other websites like the above...

Make your own router lift
I was looking at my PC 690 plunge base and could do these modifications by putting the threaded rod opposite the depth stop but I have a concern. The housing that holds the router can tip slightly...
19
19

Low Noise Shop Vacuum Inquiry
I'm looking for a low noise shop vacuum to supplement my chip/dust collector and air purifier, but I don't want to break the bank with Fein, Festool, or Porter-Cable. What does the group think about...
9
9

But is there room for a woodworking shop?
part I get a kick out of, that there's parking for 2 cars, that in itself is worth quite a bit of money. To exit through the back door of Toronto's "smallest house," first fold the Murphy bed back...
11
11

Brace/support for right-angle drilling into wood
For making sure that I drill perpendicular to the surface into random large pieces of steel or iron, I can buy a magnetic drill press. Usually pretty heavy duty! But say I want to make some holes in...
6
6

Dust Bee Gone?
Any one using this thing? I'm considering buying one as they seem to have a good reputation, but $40 for a cloth mask seems a bit pricey.. remove splinters before emailing
21
21

Really stupid musings, sorry 'bout the waste of bandwidth
To all of you woodworking Frank Zappa fans; I just got my Domino Friday and have been using it all morning and the song that keeps running through my tiny little brain is a version of DOMINO-HUM. Marc...
13
13

nail gun for fence?
I have to redo the fence I put in 25 years ago and somehow I have gotten older? There is no joy in the prospect of handnailing each plank. I see nail guns in many price ranges and guages.. including...
10
10

Finishing a Backgammon Board?
Hi, I have a backgammon board which I've made and am just about to the finishing stage. The board itself is made of wenge and zebrawood, made of solid wood with the pattern from the 1982 woodworking...
5
5