Subject Author Posted Replies

For UK woodworkers
I just found out about the International Woodworking Exhibitioan on 8 - 10 Feb. It will be at the Ally Pally in London. These things don't happen that often or on this scale in the UK so it should be...

Gibson Guitar Company - Discovery Channel
It's Channel 30 here, NC. Tonight, at 10 PM, and 2 AM, they'll show a tour of the Gibson Guitar Co., and how to assemble a Les Paul guitar. Then casket mking. The show is Some Assembly Required. It's...
3
3

INSPIRATION - Boat
May be a bit advanced for some. If you are at all unsure of your skills, this project is not for you. JOAT You can't always judge by appearances, the early bird may have been up all night.
2
2

INSPIRATION - Fishing Boat
Almost perfect. JOAT You can't always judge by appearances, the early bird may have been up all night. http://boortz.com/images/funny/redneck_pics_fishingboat1.jpg
5
5

Woodworking Show at the Big "E" this weekend?
Anybody going?
12
12

Website Promotion in Orange County
This is for the benefit of everyone who wants to benefit from really good organic search engine optimization. link has plenty of helpful videos and if you want it done right then there is only one...

Education
"George" wrote 'Rookwood' - William Harrison Ainsworth. Written in 1834, considered by literati to be the last "Gothic" novel. Half way through 'The Lancashire Witches', by same, written in 1845 ......
89
89

Canister filter for Delta 50-840 Dust Collector
I have a Delta 50-840 (1 HP) dust collector and would like to upgrade it with a canister filter. The problem is that the rim is 14 5/8 in diameter and I can't find a canister which will fit. I have...
3
3

Enco Bandsaw
I just received a flyer from Enco for a couple of woodworking bandsaws priced at $226 and $269. Looks good, but... I like their metal working items but have never seen them as a woodworking supplier....
2
2

OT: Something for the Conspiracy Theorists
http://www.projectcensored.org/publications/2001/22.htmlhttp://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/djm268v1
15
15

ON Topic ;) - Wine Bottle Storage Dimensions
Does anyone have a list of recommended dimensions for storing wine bottles of various sizes: 375 ml, 750ml, 1.5 l, and possibly even Champagne. I am trying to concoct my own wine storage system and...
29
29

need recommendation
My POS ROS is nearly DOA. Anyone have any recommendations based on personal experience? Preferences go along the lines of 5", 8 hole, H&L. None are set in stone, but that's the paper I have. Not...
17
17

Ideas for Scraps
(cp to r.c.w) Sunday projects: I never throw anything away, so the thin strips of plywood left over after replacing rotten soffits had been collecting. Also needed some sort of storage for heavy...

13" planer
I get all my rough cut planed at the dealer but I'm considering a desktop planer for small jobs, resizes and planing after resawing. This planer has a desireable price and fits my needs: blades are a...
18
18

MOONBEAM
Oh, I get the idea of doing something purely for the joy of it, regardless of the cost trade; my comment was more in line with the implied commentary on the desire that more people either build or buy...
9
9