Subject Author Posted Replies

dewalt 7740?
Any thoughts on a Dewalt 7740 radial arm saw? I can pick one up for 45 bucks. Thanks, S.
7
7

Online material optimization calculator
This looks pretty interesting. It can handle wood, glass, sheet metal, etc. have to register but small runs ( < 50 pieces) are free - larger runs are a buck. R http://www.e-optim.co.uk/home.htmYou

Adding a greenhouse to my shop
...depending upon what you intend to grow in there, how water is applied and what kind of venting you intend to have. If your green house is for cacti (I've been in a few) I'd expect no problems. Even...
2
2

wire shelf brackets
CONCEALED WIRE SHELF SUPPORTS Concealed Shelf Supports Wire Shelf Supports
2
2

Bandsaw Fence Recommendations
I have never been really impressed with the Kreg fence although it is superior to what comes with many saws so it would be an improvement. That said however, Laguna makes an even more expensive but...
21
21

What is it? CCXIV
1195 is a gas furnace key (Zurn gives that away) 1196 is a garlic clove crusher JD
15
15

Ideas for filling gaps in threshold
I would do none of those options. I would take a router and cut out to the bottom of the lowest depth, say 1/2". Then cleanup the edges square with a chisel. Then I would get a piece of wood to...
16
16

Jigsaws
It'll do you if you want to thrash your way through a relatively rough cut. If you are looking for a "good" jig saw that will produce good results and have convenient features, you want to look at the...
34
34

Sharpening guides or systems for carving tools?
I'm looking for reviews or recommendations on sharpening guides. I currently have about 20 Dockyard micro carving tools ranging from 1.5mm to 3mm in many different shapes. The manufacturer recommends...
36
36

waxi problems
Is the polyurethane fully cured? If it's new, wait a while, then lightly wax it again and buff.
13
13

how do I wood trim a laminate top ?
I want build a few laminate top coffee tables and trim them with 3/4" x 1 1/2" maple. I'm not sure how to add the maple. ------------------------ ::::: ------ "laminate" :::::: "maple" ============...
11
11

rigid planer
The 1300 has storage for blades and comes with all the tools that you need to change blades and adjust the planer, so I'd guess that the new one does too.. I realized after I set up and adjusted the...
28
28

AJ Hamler's Blog
Please forgive this shameless plug for my friend AJ Hamler. During the past couple of weeks, he shared with me a major article on table saw safety that he wrote for the current issue of Woodshop News,...

OT: The value of Ethanol
How about you do the contrary. I am convinced and that is what matters to me.
106
106

countertop options
I'm putting together a low-budget kitchen counter and cabinets for my shop. This is a separately framed area within the shop with heating, carpets, bathroom, library, billiard table etc. I just hung...
2
2