Subject Author Posted Replies

Nova Scotia Woodworkers
Hi All If there are any Nova Scotia woodworkers, there is a new site for you
6
6

Clearance stuff at the Home Depot
Was in my local HD this afternoon. At the end of the heavy power tool section was a display of Port-a-mate adjustable universal mobile base kits. I picked up the last 2 at $29 each. My 2 car garage...

Frame and panel wainscoting problem
I'm planning on putting in frame and panel wainscoting in my home and I've run into a bit of a problem. I've got sections of walls that are too narrow for installing my standard frame. My wall is 5"...
3
3

OT: Edited for LRod
As per your request, sir. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/WGAFMed.jpgr http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/WGAFMed.jpgr
1
1

Wood Carving Manuals for Sale (Estate Sale)
I am selling from my father-in-law's estate his collection of wood carving books and a brand new dust collector. All books and manuals are in very good or excellent shape unless indicated. Many of...

Wood grain filler
What's the best product to use? Mohawk sells pre-tinted grain filler in Walnut and Mahogany. Of course there is untinted which I have to tint myself, apparently using regular wood stain. What about...
6
6

Crying wood
We've been having a humid couple of weeks, and I've got a piece of furniture that has started to drip water. I have not got a clue what the wood is - any ideas, is it the wood, the glues, varnish??
7
7

O/T: Old Farts Part II
(This is supposedly a true account recorded in the Police Log of Sarasota Florida) An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and, upon returning to her car, fuond four males in the act of leaving with...
24
24

10 inch cabinetmaker's table saw
Thought I found a good deal Used.ca | Classifieds for Jobs, Rentals, Cars, Furniture and Free Stuff
10
10

making a ceiling-tray thingy
I?d appreciate advice on something I want to make for my dining room ceiling. I want to make something like an oversized oval serving tray, only the outside bottom and sides of which will be visible...
6
6

Router for a table
Bought a used Fein RT1800 to mount under a table and now have a sick feeling that it may not work very well for that. It just doesn't have much reach. At what distance (tabletop to collet) do you...
3
3

Powermatic T slot
I recently built an outfeed table for my Powermatic 2000. The mitre gauge has t slot runners. Any ideas on how to cut t slots in the outfeed table? I have looked for a router built the size of the t...
6
6

makita 18v lithium (drill) users?
I see that the dewalt is capable of using their other 18v battery (nimh?)on their lithium powered drill. Does the makita have that same capability? Thanks Pat

O/T: Walking
Been a slow day. Enjoy if you wish. +++++++++++++++++++++++++ The Importance of Walking -----Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a...

Vintage Unisaw questions
I bought a vintage Delta Unisaw from a friend that needed some cash for the holidays. I now have a few questions. Check the pictures out here: plugged it in and it runs fine. I ran a piece of 1/2" ply...
28
28