Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping Sonny: Auction with new unfinished chairs
Sonny, I saw the "chairs" here, and thought they could possibly interest you. I recall you made a large majestic table, and thought you might possibly be able to use some chairs for it.
2
2

Hitachi miter saw
So we are having an issue with the blade slightly hitting the plastic guard on the left, that sits under the wood. Changed the blade, changed the guards, still has the problem. How do I fix it?
2
2

SketchUp
I lurk here, and post now and then. I've learned a lot, but I have a question that I haven't seen answered. I still do my plans with a T Square and Triangles. I think I would like to learn SketchUp. I...
58
58

Exterior wood filler?
Some critter has been gnawing on the frame surrounding our garage doors. I'm not replacing the damaged parts, at least until I'm certain the critter is gone, but I do want a least a cosmetic repair in...
5
5

The Houston Gang
Just touching in, we have been busy watching the news and hunkering down. This has been an event. While this is nothing to take lightly there are some of us that are doing just fine. I have personally...
173
173

Drill Press Chuck - Does RJ33 = JT33?
The chuck on a Ryobi 1/2" drill press is stamped with RJ33-13L. The original part is discontinued but some forum searches says that this chuck will work: It looks like that chuck is stamped with JT33,...

Can I Put A Wet-Dry Vac In A Cabinet?
I have a 8 gallon wet-dry vac that I want to put inside a cabinet. Roughly 24" x 24" x 29". The hose and cord will come through a hole in the side. The door will be a simple overlay style with a...
31
31

OT: Painting
I recall that in the spring we were discussing paint ($herwin-Williams, etc). I am repainting my 200 square foot shed (my first time). I finished the "prep" today. I think the shed has engineered wood...
31
31

Leon, Swingman, et al - We're praying for you
For all you folks in the path of Harvey... I just said a prayer for you. Good luck!
50
50

NuCRAFT ROUTER TABLE (2023 Update)
Looking for a good used NuCraft Router table. Clean. NuCraft leg set desirable. Insert not required. Together about 90 pounds. Not interested in any other type. West coast location, can drive to pick...
10
10

favorite cat's paw nail pullers?
Yesterday, while deconstructing a small fence for the pickets (12" tongue g roove redwood), I couldn't locate my cat's paw nail puller from 20 yrs back . Considering the guy that built the fence used...
7
7

Pawn Shop Tool Score: Router & ROS
I bought a Woodpecker router table insert for my PC 690 router and built a router table extension for my table saw. I decided to look on-line for a spare base so I wouldn't have to take the base off...
39
39

GE Silicone II failure
I just checked the seal between polycarbonate and wood on a frame, and the GE Silicone II I put on there is peeling off and not keeping out water. Anyone else have this problem with this product? Is...
5
5

Why do I keep doing it?
Years ago, I made a track saw. 'Twas a torsion box with some slick rails screwed to the side, that engaged a vertical rib fastened to as long a straight edge as I could rip with a table saw. My...
4
4

New circular saw
I bought a Black and Decker 7 1/4" circular saw a few months ago and loved it. Last Friday I was breaking down some 2" Southern Yellow Pine (with the required 12' rips) and it started blowing smoke,...
35
35