Subject Author Posted Replies

Was Vintage Unisaw questions
Thanks for all your advice, website links, and humor. I put a new cheap carbide blade on the saw today and completed a small project and that was enough to make my decision to keep the unisaw and sell...

Showcase -- make your vacation plans now!
OK, I'm getting an early start on the unabashed plugging this year... I'm on the planning committee! ;~) Northeastern Woodworkers Association's 17th Annual Fine Woodworking Show SHOWCASE April 5th &...

Cherry question
I want to build a home office setup. I have tons of maple ply. But I want to build a cherry piece. If I do the face frames and doors in cherry and stain the maple I fear that over time the cherry will...
9
9

I want this saw...
I was trying to find a picture or video of how to rip the corner off a 4x4 with a circular saw for a friend (haven't found one yet) but came across this tool that I just might need...
19
19

How to remove glued-on quarter-round from baseboard?
My client wants to put carpet down over his hardwood floors. (Yeah, I know, he's an idiot.) As a first step, he wants the quarter-round removed from the baseboard. The quarter-round is glued on, not...
1
1

WOODEN BANDSAW GUIDE BLOCKS
This has obviously been discussed here before. However, I never tried it. But I've not been thrilled with my present metal guide blocks for a bit and decided to give wooden guide blocks a try. The...
35
35

OT - Two things ...
... are suddenly noticeable in their ubiquity: Quarterbacks lifting one leg right before the snap, and the use of the word "passed" for "died". Monkeys see, monkeys do?
24
24

Vendor recommendation
I have had excellent results in ordering tool parts from Mike's tools at They seem to be extraordinarily fast in responding. I ordered (at different times) springs for a Bies splitter and a handle for...

MDF Shortage?
Yup, my main supplier in London,ON is out of 1/2" and 1" MDF, has been for weeks.
44
44

NewBe caliper question
Ever since I read a few weeks ago about building a router sled, I thought that a caliper (digital?) might be a useful tool to have around. For instance, in the article I read, they used a caliper to...
20
20

Group buy of DC1100 particle counter (link included)
Particle counters are used to test air quality. I found an inexpensive one that is ideal for your workshop. I started a thread about it at woodnet and sawmillcreek, and the response was pretty...

ebonizing maple
Thu, Jan 24, 2008, 5:11pm (EST+5) (Highland=A0Pairos) doth sayeth: I used Bob Flexner's method on some oak. (I am finishing the pieces at this moment). He calls for black aniline dye followed by black...
34
34

Inlays
Greetings folks, I'm a newbie hobbyist woodworker. I just made a backgammon board. I routed out the triangles to 1/8" deep and I want to fill them with a liquid colored epoxy type material. The two...
5
5

Rusty Nail Holes - how can I make them?
I do a lot of work with reclaimed wood, and nice rusty nail holes are one of the tell-tale signs of previous use. Sometimes I get a great board that I'd like to use, but it just doesn't have any of...
9
9

Ontario workman's compensation for injury
Just thought I'd air some sympathetic feelings. My dentist is a woodworker, and he relayed some bad news to me today. (From this point it's all hearsay, but...) His neighbour is the guy I like to buy...
23
23