Subject Author Posted Replies

Mission Furniture
I'm not a fan of mission style, but I know many of you are. This guy does some of the best I've seen. I think you'll enjoy it: Darrell Peart – Furnituremaker – Custom Furniture in the Greene and...
6
6

Block Planes (manual): Low Angle vs...
I've been looking at block planes. Only found Stanley brand in most stores. Are there others worth considering? Also noticed a big difference in price between the regular Stanley model and their "Low...
5
5

Vacuum Wiring Question
Does anyone know of a way of having shop vac automatically turn on & off when a sander is turned on and off? Such as a master/slave outlet. Or, some other way. I've been googling, but no luck yet...
6
6

O/T: Don't Get Mad at Women Drivers
From one of my principles Enjoy ****************************** I was riding to work yesterday when I observed a female driver cut right in front of a pickup truck causing him to have to drive on to...
3
3

thin kerf or reg keft ts blades?
| | The argument for TK was less wood, less dust, thicker wood capacity | | My thoughts is TK is also going to wobble more, cut rougher. | I use the cheapo Oldham 60T thin kerf blades from Home Depot...
9
9

Woodworking Project Books
I teach woodshop to students from 18-80 years of age. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good books that have small simple projects in them for beginners. I am looking for new ideas and something...
7
7

Need a cover for high shelves
Yeah, I tried that. Let me state we have been married 28 years, together for 31. She doesn't have a sewing machine right now (old one broke, can't afford another at the moment). But I'm going to push...
26
26

Another TrollFilter update...
Minor bug fix. Download in the usual manner (see sig).

Thank you Robatoy
The new Rotex 150 FEQ is like owning a whole arsenal of sanders. With the 2 major settings, quick-change pads and variable speed... A superb tool. I have a bit of feel for what kind of tools you like,...
5
5

Warm Fuzzy - I Have Glass
Kate, I shan't need to take advantage of you. For your kind offer of glass that is. But thank you muchly. Finally remembered to stop by the local glass and mirror emporium to ask if hey had any scrap...
2
2

VP Dick Cheney WHITE HOUSE!!!
thank you sincerely Sir Dick Cheney thank you for your e-Mail
1
1

Blade Runout
I don't think .004 runout on a 10" blade is anything to worry about. If memory serves, my Freud Glue Line Rip blade has .003 runout, and it produces sanded-smooth edges. None of the major...
15
15

Ping Robatoy
Robatoy I know you have one or more Rotex sanders and I am very seriously looking into buying a 125. Do you use any of the other Festool sanders such as the finish sander? I am very much interested in...
3
3

Wood is expensive
I'm hoping this picture is mislabled and they aren't selling this as Bird's Eye Maple: $2,420 for a blanket chest? Maybe tools aren't that expensive...
49
49

Things haven't changed all that much ...
I with you. I will never show any of my favorite westerns to anyone but close, open minded friends I trust anymore. I had no idea "Hang 'Em High" was based on racial hate crimes. How about "The Good,...
14
14